Lucky

The Lucky Thread For February 10th

• Members

I didn't bother keeping up with the thread initially and kinda appreciated it all being kept in one place, but looking at it now and imagining where the breaks were in the first big post, it doesn't seem especially egregious. Each post had words and a cute, related pic--clearly some effort was put in and several people were replying and entertained.

Just my $0.02*.

*actual value may vary

work.4743562.1.fig,white,mens,fbfbfb.not-lucky-v3.jpg

• Members

1294770315_1.jpg

May it please the Honorable Court,

I would like to speak a few words on behalf of our dearly departed.

Like the peerless lookin, I am of the opinion that the post count sub judice seems to have been reduced w/o notice, hearing or semblance of due process. True my opinion might reasonably be argued to be biased in so far as I was one of the two or three members replying and, if I may go so far as to say it, being entertained (bow to JKane), still I was also one of the competitors for the largess so perhaps my prejudices and self-interest are sufficiently balanced to allow for at least a degree of credibility for my testimony.

Damn me, miLord, the convolutions of my oration have tangled even my own mind. Allow me a moment to rehearse my thoughts... ....

Ah! Yes!

Now although the noble management of this glorious site wisely reserved unto itself the power of final judgement* and further specified that soley posts of good quality would be considered** (nice touch that :thumbsup: ; quality being such a highly subjective criterion), still one might argue that a prima facie case might easily be constructed that the offending posts (judging by prior precedent on other, unrelated threads which have gone unremarked by management) were sufficiently within the letter, if not the spirit, of the contest rules to, at the least, merit a private admonishment before being stricken from the annals. (True, to the best of my memory, the other posts and posters did not explicitly avow an intent to game the system, but that line of thought doesn't seem to further my argument, so perhaps we should set that aside for consideration in some other thread.)

Continuing:

Justice, to be worthy of the name, must be seen to just and not administered under the cloak of night.

In summation, may I suggest that if the Honorable Court has had sufficient patience to parse its way through the above bloviation, surely Your Honor can muster the tiny bit more necessary to reach out to our missing brother and restore harmony to our beloved MER!

a.aaa-Why-Cant-We-All-Just-Get-Alo.jpeg

* "Judges decision is final."

** "To qualify, the posts must be reasonable quality. One or two word posts will not count." (I take the 2nd sentence to be by way of exemplar and not intended to restrict the meaning of 'reasonable quality'.)

I really enjoyed viewing/reading this thread... Thanks Lucky for all those amazing pictures and well written captions. That's quite a selection of visuals and I appreciate all the time you took to post/select them... The members replies were also brilliant... A job well done by all the MER contributors... Thanks, Coop

Since the rules seem to be ambiguous and inconsistently applied, I am withdrawing my name from the contest.

Really? Then, you haven't really kept up with this site. We have done the same thing for years. Nothing is ambiguous or inconsistently applied. If you make 30 posts in the same thread in less than an hour, I'll combine those as well.

I know Lucky has many friends here here but the rules have not changed and nothing is applied inconsistently.

Sorry to see you upset CharliePS, but you have no reason to be IMHO.

Guest CharliePS

Really? Then, you haven't really kept up with this site. We have done the same thing for years. Nothing is ambiguous or inconsistently applied. If you make 30 posts in the same thread in less than an hour, I'll combine those as well.

I know Lucky has many friends here here but the rules have not changed and nothing is applied inconsistently.

Sorry to see you upset CharliePS, but you have no reason to be IMHO.

I'm not upset--I'm annoyed. You're right: I don't read this site closely enough to be able to infer what you do. I have tried every way I can think of, and I can't find these rules anywhere other than in this statement. Can you please show me how I can find these rules on this site?

Guest hitoallusa

Well I don't know what has happened to Lucky and what transpired this unfortunate event. Can we just give each other the benefit of doubt and get along? Lucky please come back. Thank you Oz for organizing this event and your good will.

• Members

Don't feel bad, Charlie, I missed the Thirty Post an Hour rule too. Imagine my embarrassment when I located it right in the middle of the Message Center Policy page nestled in between the sections on Cinco de Mayo Threads and Member Time-Outs. rolleyes.gif

I'd suggest everyone read that last one very carefully, as there are some rather surprising terms and conditions. unsure.png

DSC00046.jpg

Guest KyleRaw

The only person who did not JUDGE me when I first posted here the other night was Lucky.

I thought he was rather kind to me as apposed to the other hateful comments I read when I woke up into the next day of my awakening.

English no, is not my first language but I try.

I have considered becoming apart of this contest to post everything which I can find in other places here only to copy and paste here what I found elsewhere.

I'm not like that and because I am just me trying to find new friends I can not understand why this kind person to me is now gone or so he says to be.

Disharmony equals to me the same things that make you angry because an injustice upon you has just happened.

This seems for me to have happened here to not only me but to someone else here as well.

Like I said I'm new here. Perhaps this is just the norm here. So I'll just point out what bothers me and be on my way..

Guest hitoallusa

Kyle we care about you. The consequence of being HIV is really bad and it doesn't end there. You can infect other people too. I have seen a lot of HIV+ people and they are mentally and physically tormented. There are many other ways to enjoy sex. Welcome to the forum.