JKane

Two fairly forgettable new shows, anybody else watching?

• Members

So far I've been watching Alcatraz and The Finder, but neither are doing that much for me. Very ho-hum.

Alcatraz has the feel of the typical Lost wannabe that will ask question after question but never provide any satisfying answers.

The Finder is cutesy but the setup and reasons for stuff are very contrived.

Anybody disagree on these or everybody else not bothering?

I've already given up on Grimm and that other fairytale one. At the moment I can't think of any new mid-season show that's compelling, this year.

I chose not to watch "The Finder" because I was already watching something opposite of it. But I had high hopes for "Alcatraz". The problem is that it's going to be a "63" of the week police story. I think that is boring. I had hoped for a more interesting storyline but so far nothing. Maybe it's coming but I don't have high hopes anymore.

• Members

I chose not to watch "The Finder" because I was already watching something opposite of it. But I had high hopes for "Alcatraz". The problem is that it's going to be a "63" of the week police story. I think that is boring. I had hoped for a more interesting storyline but so far nothing. Maybe it's coming but I don't have high hopes anymore.

Exactly! They barely even touch on the actually interesting things like what is happening (Cryogenics is my thought) or the overall goal, every time somebody even raises an eyebrow towards a compelling storyline Sam Niel is there to smack them back into line!

Fucking American TV. Planning for 5+ seasons of middling storytelling instead of concentrating on one season of great TV!

Guest FourAces

Fucking American TV. Planning for 5+ seasons of middling storytelling instead of concentrating on one season of great TV!

I think this can apply to many new shows.

Anyway I too have been watching Alcatraz hoping for something to latch on to. Give me a reason to want to continue watching it I scream at the end of each episode ... its failing me fast.

Its even a stretch to find anything appealing about the show. These people come back and right off jump back into their old criminal ways? WTF? Not one of them even seems to notice much the decades of change from when they disappeared.

The writers have failed to give me any reason to care ... and I had high hopes for this series.

• Members

Plus, is it me or do they keep "popping up" back on the fucking island? Being as it was a prison and all, shouldn't be that hard to keep them there! Have the ferry check return tickets fer christsakes!

And the blond seems so close to Katee Sackhoff I don't understand why they didn't just cast her!

Please somebody tell me why I keep watching this shit!

Guest FourAces

Plus, is it me or do they keep "popping up" back on the fucking island? Being as it was a prison and all, shouldn't be that hard to keep them there! Have the ferry check return tickets fer christsakes!

And the blond seems so close to Katee Sackhoff I don't understand why they didn't just cast her!

Please somebody tell me why I keep watching this shit!

:lol: Its funny ... for me anyway I keep looking for the next LOST. JJ Abrams and crew have launched about a half dozen new shows over the years and sadly none have become LOST.

I hate to even watch them as the investment is rewarded with their cancellation and it makes me feel how much time I wasted. A few examples are Sex Degrees / Flash Forward / and a handful of others.