Lucky

Jesus Billboard Damaged in Indianapolis

• Members

It's a bit of a stretch to find a gay couple in Mathew 8:5-13. Seems to me that it might be better to confine our Bible citing to interpetations a little more easily defended.

New American Standard Version:

5 And when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, 6 and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented."

7 Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." 8 But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 "For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go !' and he goes, and to another, 'Come !' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this !' and he does it."

10 Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, "Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. 11 "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12 but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

13 And Jesus said to the centurion, "Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed that very moment.

(my paragraphing, for the sake of Lucky's eyes.) :flowers:

• Members

Then again, perhaps I spoke too soon. Further research found this remarkable and rather nicely reasoned exegesis of the text. Never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick, I guess.

I would recommend this article to any of us with lingering bruises from too rigorous Bible thumping administered in our youth. Oz and AdamSmith, listen up, I'm talking to you. :thumbsup:

Guest BewareofNick

If the vandal is ever caught, you can be sure of a few things:

1. Listens to Rush Limbaugh

2. Watches Fox "News"

3. Has never actually read the Bible

4. Big fan of Tim Tebow

5. Votes Republican (if he even votes)

6. Hates President Obama

7. has no idea those Lion King songs his kids like where sung by Elton John

Then again, perhaps I spoke too soon. Further research found this remarkable and rather nicely reasoned exegesis of the text. Never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick, I guess.

I would recommend this article to any of us with lingering bruises from too rigorous Bible thumping administered in our youth. Oz and AdamSmith, listen up, I'm talking to you. :thumbsup:

Interesting analysis. Though many of the 'biblical christians' I've encountered who hate gays don't know the bible in english, and are frankly boggled by the thought that it was written in another language first and that translation matters.