Guest FourAces

Concerts Left To See?

Guest FourAces

I once was a regular at many rock shows about town. Attending concerts of Elton John, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Elvis, Jackson 5, Queen, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, Green Day, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Tina Turner, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Blondie and hundreds of others. Those years of hanging in a crowd of totally trashed people listening to music at ear numbing levels are in the past for me. I hate the crowds the parking and the outrageous ticket prices.

But now I find there are several artists that I have not seen live and would love to given the right setting. A few that come to mind are James Taylor, Tom Petty, Greg Allman Band, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, The Cure, and Bruce Springsteen to name a few. maybe one day the opportunity will present itself to check out some of these acts.

Any artist or bands you guys would still go see live?

Great topic. I've seen so many. I am so glad that I saw Barbra Streisand at Staples in the 7th row (very expensive but worth it). I said I could die then and be happy.

I still would like to see Lady Gaga (I was waiting until she had at least 3 albums of material before I see her); Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez (although it's not so much about the singing as the performance) and Kelly Clarkson.

I've been fortunate to have seen so many in my lifetime so the interest to see too many more isn't there. But I would love to see Barbra again, Donna Summer again, Elton again, Cher again, and Diana Ross again.

I once was a regular at many rock shows about town. Attending concerts of Elton John, Paul McCartney, Metallica, Elvis, Jackson 5, Queen, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, Green Day, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, Tina Turner, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Blondie and hundreds of others. Those years of hanging in a crowd of totally trashed people listening to music at ear numbing levels are in the past for me. I hate the crowds the parking and the outrageous ticket prices.

But now I find there are several artists that I have not seen live and would love to given the right setting. A few that come to mind are James Taylor, Tom Petty, Greg Allman Band, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd, The Cure, and Bruce Springsteen to name a few. maybe one day the opportunity will present itself to check out some of these acts.

Any artist or bands you guys would still go see live?

I'm afraid one band on your list is very much in hiatus and that happens to be Pink Floyd. Since Rick Wright passed a few years ago, the chances the remaining members getting back together again is very much nill. As individual artists, David Gilmour last full fledged tour was in 2006. Offcourse Roger Waters is now to a certain degree carrying the Pink Floyd banner with his current tour by playing one of the best selling albums of all time "The Wall". Attending one of his concerts on his current tour is well worth it.

One act I'm looking forward to seeing live is the current lineup of Van Halen with Diamond Dave.

Guest FourAces

I'm afraid one band on your list is very much in hiatus and that happens to be Pink Floyd. Since Rick Wright passed a few years ago, the chances the remaining members getting back together again is very much nill. As individual artists, David Gilmour last full fledged tour was in 2006. Offcourse Roger Waters is now to a certain degree carrying the Pink Floyd banner with his current tour by playing one of the best selling albums of all time "The Wall". Attending one of his concerts on his current tour is well worth it.

One act I'm looking forward to seeing live is the current lineup of Van Halen with Diamond Dave.

Sadly I know Pink Floyd is a very long shot. Roger Waters was here last year performing The Wall however, I was not in town at the same time :(

As you probably know Van Halen released their new record today. You can be certain the tour will start up soon.

I have seen Van Halen twice once at the Whisky on Sunset a performance to mark their signing to Warner Brothers. And a few years later at the Forum in Los Angeles. In the old days David Lee Roth would hang out at the Troubadour doing lines with the late Doug Weston ... fun times long gone though.

Oh after seeing Madonna's half time show I'll pass on her as a concert left to see :o

Madonna actually does an amazing concert. I've seen her three times. In Milan, I saw her Girlie Show and she couldn't hold a tune at all. That was 1993 before she learned how to sing in "Evita". But Confession Tour was probably the best concert I've ever seen and I've seen well over 200 concerts. And Sticky & Sweet was also excellent. I saw that in Dodgers Stadium which I will never do again considering it took me 5 hours to leave the parking lot. But she does an amazing live show.

Everyone is so critical about the lip synching but the NFL and network actually require the event to be pre-recorded because there are no re-takes due to the live event and they don't want any mistakes in front of 120,000,000 people. The artists can sing live in addition to the pre-recorded vocals but the television crowd will get the pre-recorded version for technical glitches safety reasons. . .

But she sings live in person and does it well.

Guest FourAces

EXPAT I'm happy you enjoyed her live shows. However I thought the super bowl production was flat out boring and the over blown production was comical. The lip syncing did not really concern me all that much.