seattlebottom

It's the End of the World

• Members

As some may know, the Mayans and some other cultures declared that 2012 would mean the end of the world (12.21.2012 according to Mayans). With this in mind, I can see kind of an upside (no Xmas shopping!). But I wanted to start this thread as a repository for anything that might be of consequence about The End. Anything you hope to accomplish? Anyone you hope to hook up with? Any parting shots or thoughts?

This is meant to be a fun thread but if you have thought provoking messages those would be welcomed as well.

Now to be honest I have not thought of anything signifcant just yet but I'll come up with my list at a later time....

Guest hitoallusa

Well I believe life continues even after our death so it doesn't matter to me whether this world ends or not. There will be a new beginning. An economist named Alfred Marshall once said that it doesn't matter how much money or resources we have but how effectively we use what little we have that counts. Life is like that too. It doesn't matter what little time we have here in this world. How effectively and productively we use our time is that matters. Every comes to an end but our good positive spirit will live on.

It is said that there will be many signs that will herald the end of the world, but I think this is the most obvious one:

romney_palin_2012_bumper_sticker-p128219717855034714z74sk_400.jpg

I think Obama might find this pairing quite appealing for his re-election.

• Members

I would like to see New York city.

Watch a rocket take off.

Go on a zero g airplane ride.

Participate in a 5k run.

I saw one of the manned moon launches with the Saturn 5C take off. I also felt it as the ground shook and the shock waves traveled over ten miles away over water and land. I'll never see the likes of that again in my lifetime.

Been to the Big Apple. Recommend everyone should experience it once: Broadway, the interesting shops and restaurants from cheap to not so cheap. The museums and big Dept stores like Macy's are good for a once over, some more than that. Really fun with Oz as a guide.

As for the other two, I have no desire for either. I leave those open for you. ^_^

• Members

The Vomit Comet belongs to NASA, so, to ride on it you would have to get NASA's permission somehow. However, the Zero G Corporation will give you a ride for a mere $4,950 + 5% tax. Coming to a site near you soon.

OTOH, if you know someone who is a private pilot you should be able to talk them into a few seconds of zero G flight during a local trip. Renting a small plane should be just over $100 per hour (+ pilot, if you don't know anyone).

Best regards,

RA1