Lucky

When Did Google Get So Obnoxious?

• Members

I discovered Google's search engine a good time before others did, and I have stayed loyal, converting to Gmail as soon as I could.

But now they own YouTube and the videos have commercials on them. My cute little YouTube user name has given way to my Gmail address.

My Gmail now has pop-up ads over my email.

And they are changing their privacy policies without the customer having any say at all. Sigh.

• Members

Take privacy into your own hands. Discontinue Gmail, I did.

Nobody reads my email and tells me they do and thinks they will keep my business. Fuck them.

I believe it best to use no more than one Google product, else they correlate data on users from multiple channels: email, browser, youtube, and whatever else they are pushing. I'm leery about using the search engine and their browser, both. I may dump the browser, but it is fast.

Guest hitoallusa

Well just as people can't stop the advancement of gay rights anymore, we can't stop what has come of google, Facebook and etc... Even though we try to avoid them temporary, other forms of them will emerge sooner or later.

• Members

Well just as people can't stop the advancement of gay rights anymore, we can't stop what has come of google, Facebook and etc... Even though we try to avoid them temporary, other forms of them will emerge sooner or later.

One can either fight and resist or go belly up and spread his legs. It's individual choice. No bitching if the latter is the choice. :baby:

Guest FourAces

My Gmail now has pop-up ads over my email.

Lucky I have been using mail for years and never had a pop up ad. Once in a while I will get a privacy change pop up or a confirmation of a second email address, but no ads.

They are trying to take all of their brands and blend them into one. That way they can keep a profile on each user easier ... though its anonymous they claim.

With technology so much is captured that we don't know or find out later. Any major web site you go to sends a cookie that tracks you, any major online company is tracking you like Google does, and even your phone was and might still be tracking you via Carrier IQ. Its a trade off for all the tech stuff we get for free I guess. We can fight it but why should we do without if there is no harm or we have nothing major to hide?

• Members

I just had one today, kinda attached to the interface, from Google trying to tell me how I could use Google talk for free phone service throughout the year. A little annoying, but at the same time they have a pretty compelling (and cheap/free) Skype/Vonage alternative available to us all...