BigK

Obnoxious Commercials

• Members

I can't stand the current JCP commercial (J. C. PENNY'S for those of you not with it). It starts with a woman screaming and goes on and on and on with women screaming (you know for the NEW JCP). Makes me gag.

What's commercial makes you sick?

The good news is that those JCP commercials ended yesterday because their new branding starts today 2-1-12. But I see your point about how terrible those commercials are.

I try to avoid commercials at all costs by DVRing everything I watch and I watch it in delay mode to speed through them.

• Members

There is a commercial with a faux squealing pig in it. Actually, there have been two. I don't know what they are about as I tune out immediately. It is the most annoying one I can think of.I find GEICO has the most annoying commercials, with the cave man leading the list.

On the flip side, I love the toddler hawking one of the stock trade companies. Hooks me every time. The writing and the cgi are just great. I could care less about the stock trading company but I always watch this commercial. You can take that as a high accolade as I watch very few commercials between the remote mute button and channel selector.

• Members

The good news is that those JCP commercials ended yesterday because their new branding starts today 2-1-12. But I see your point about how terrible those commercials are.

I try to avoid commercials at all costs by DVRing everything I watch and I watch it in delay mode to speed through them.

I record too to watch later. The problem was though, that the commercial always seemed first in rotation. I couldn't fast forward fast enough to avoid at least the first few seconds of the annoying commercial.

JCP is a long established company and I wish them well in their rebranding, but they've got to fire their ad agency.

Guest FourAces

I can't stand the current JCP commercial (J. C. PENNY'S for those of you not with it). It starts with a woman screaming and goes on and on and on with women screaming (you know for the NEW JCP). Makes me gag.

What's commercial makes you sick?

LOL When I saw the subject line I clicked to write about that specific commercial :lol: Thankfully its over and will not return from my understanding. As you mention it was the lead in for the new JCP headed by the former Apple Retail Executive.

Guest FourAces

Geico lost any potential of me being a customer when they fired the voice of the gecko for expressing a (liberal) political view or something.

WOW if this happened a while back I thought the little guy had a difference voice, everybopdy told me I was wrong.