Lucky

Is There A Private Email Company

• Members

If so, I would think I would have noticed it by now. Surely some people don't like Google, Yahoo, and Hotmail. I think they suck. I would prefer to pay for an email company that let me filter my mail better than these people do. Junk, junk, and more junk, despite their claims that they are doing something about it.

Guest FourAces

If so, I would think I would have noticed it by now. Surely some people don't like Google, Yahoo, and Hotmail. I think they suck. I would prefer to pay for an email company that let me filter my mail better than these people do. Junk, junk, and more junk, despite their claims that they are doing something about it.

Lucky the answer is kind of yes. What you want to do is use a service like godaddy.com. Register your own domain name (i.e. luckysmailservice.com) it will cost you about $12. x year or if you purchase multiple years less than that.

Godaddy has a email client that you can use. In the past its been free for those who purchase a domain name with godaddy. You basically control spam, calendar events and so on. No ads which is nice and its web based like yahoo or gmail. You can also have mail delivered to your phone as well.

I am in the process of switching to my own domain email as I am tired of being held hostage by yahoo gmail hotmail and so on. Here is a link to the features at godaddy http://www.godaddy.com/email/email-hosting.aspx?ci=9020

Note there are other registrars who offer email but I have not found their email client to be as option rich as godaddys.

Hope this helps ^_^

I use the Apple @me.com domain and it works perfectly. But in order to get it you have to have an Apple product (either iPhone or MacBook/iMac). It's free if you have one of those with the latest operating system. But then you could not pay me to own any PC ever again.

Guest FourAces

Lucky you can get the free @me.com email noted by EXPAT address from Apple because you have the iPad2. However I'm not sure how great the email options are and I believe the only way to access your email away from your iPad is at icloud.com ... though I'm sure an Apple user like EXPAT or OZ can give you more details on this than me.

Lucky you can get the free @me.com email noted by EXPAT address from Apple because you have the iPad2. However I'm not sure how great the email options are and I believe the only way to access your email away from your iPad is at icloud.com ... though I'm sure an Apple user like EXPAT or OZ can give you more details on this than me.

Bingo. I forgot that he has an iPad2. The MacMail app on the iPhone and iPad is awesome in my opinion. I actually use it for my old AOL account and my gmail account too. But I use the @me.com email the most.

And from the web you can access it at iCloud.com (previously me.com) and it has tools for all email like you would be used to. I also like the iCloud because you can also import all of your contacts and store them in the cloud and they will automatically sync to any apple device you own.

Guest FourAces

But can you access those accounts from say an Android phone?

If you're referring to the @me.com accounts I do not see why not. Its a pop account and should be able to be setup. If not on the device browser you can always go to icloud.com to access it.

When I had a Android device I had gmail, yahoo and hotmail accounts plus a godaddy pop account. The godaddy account was a little hard to setup but once it was all worked well.

• Members

If you're referring to the @me.com accounts I do not see why not. Its a pop account and should be able to be setup. If not on the device browser you can always go to icloud.com to access it.

Because it'd be just like Apple to make it something proprietary and closed... plus most people prefer IMAP nowadays anyway... Or even more features than the old standard email protocols allow...

Hotmail has a nice full-featured app for Android (I'm guessing Apple too, if Apple didn't knock it out of their fucking app store).

Thanks for the info. I have yet to see where the Ipad will let me sign up for me.com, but then, I have yet to look!

Go to iCloud.com to set it up. Or I think if you open up settings and mail you can start there. I forget where I originally set up mine. But I think I did it at me.com which has now been converted to iCloud.com.