Guest EXPAT

"Game Change" on HBO March 10

I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to this HBO film on March 10 called "Game Change" based on the book about Sarah Palin. Julianne Moore is playing Sarah and she really gets it right. Ed Harris plays John McCain and he really looks like him. Just look at the pic below with Ed and Julianne in character from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPhh7mch5zo

post-105999-009906100 1328124380.jpg

So the TV flick focuses on Palin and the McCain campaign. I can see why. But it would be great to see a multi-part movie that does justice to all parts of that really good book -- not only McCain/Palin but also the Hillary-v-Barack war, and then the national campaign.

Would also love to see someone make a good movie of Paulson's riveting book.

Guest hitoallusa

I am more interested in the campaign manager of McCain/Palin campaign. I enjoyed the book but once again it was not a balanced book at all.

Guest hitoallusa

It's not an objective book. It is based on one's feelings and mood not by analytical facts. What the book does well is representing the very characteristic of the contemporary media. If someone many years from now want to write the status of the current media then one can use this book how irrational and emotional the media is. It's not depressing for optimistic people because it gives them some perspective how the media works and the publishers connected with it.

Guest EXPAT

I wonder when they would speak out against the film. But finally John McCain and Sarah Palin spoke out against this film airing on Saturday night on HBO.

"There's this new movie out," McCain told FOX Radio's Brian Kilmeade. "I won't watch it. I know it's based on a book that is totally unfair and untrue, especially to Sarah Palin. I want to repeat, if I could, my admiration and appreciation for Sarah Palin. She energized our party. I mean, let's have some straight talk - she energized more people than I did. She is a good and decent person and this continuing maligning of her by the liberal left is something that is reprehensible to me."

"I'm not going to go see the movie, neither is the good Sen. John McCain," Palin told Fox News. "We've discussed this and realized that Hollywood lies are Hollywood lies. They're going to do what they can to drum up their money and their machine, and their machine happens to be a very pro-leftist, pro-Barack Obama machine there at HBO that created this movie. And those campaign staffers who essentially threw John McCain under the bus, I think that they should feel some shame, and they should feel some embarrassment, because the movie is based on a false narrative, as you can see in the trailer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/game-change-sarah-palin-movie_n_1321733.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Guest hitoallusa

As long as making the movie can create jobs and more actors and extras could take pay checks to home at the end of the day then what's the harm? At least Sarah Palin fed some people due to her existence. I think I would not have done any better than her if I had been in her shoes.

Guest EXPAT

As long as making the movie can create jobs and more actors and extras could take pay checks to home at the end of the day then what's the harm? At least Sarah Palin fed some people due to her existence. I think I would not have done any better than her if I had been in her shoes.

I just wish her ideas were not so wacko. If only they would use their power for good. . .

Guest EXPAT

Watching #GameChange on HBO. To prepare for her role as Sarah Palin, Julianne Moore had to spend weeks ignoring facts and watching Fox News.

Guest EXPAT

This was a really good movie. It only covers two chapters of the "Game Change" book. But I'm sure Sarah hated this version of life being exposed.

Guest hitoallusa

I don't have HBO... :( But you betcha it's good. I checked out the trailer though.

This was a really good movie. It only covers two chapters of the "Game Change" book. But I'm sure Sarah hated this version of life being exposed.

Guest EXPAT

When seeing this FoxNews clip from last week, it absolutely proves that to me that her portrayal on the movie was spot on. She is a wacko to say the least.

Guest hitoallusa

Funny thing is a guy who doesn't know answers to those questions can do other tasks well. I have seen many extreme smart people who dont have will and passion like Sarah Palin and can't push their career forward because they lack what Sarah has inside. She may not know many things but she has survived in this nasty world.. I want to give her some credit for that. I am not defending her or try to advocate her opinions. But I see a lot of so called smart people who aren't like Sarah do more harm to people around them than she has ever done. I find it that ironic and sad.