Guest EXPAT

"Devious Maids" coming soon to ABC

In the Los Angeles area top news is very different that in other parts of the country. And one of the big news items today is that Marc Cherry of "Desperate Housewives" and "Golden Girls" fame has had a new pilot picked up called "Devious Maids". In it, four Latina maids work and scheme in Beverly Hills, and like all great dramas, it's based on a telenovela. AfterElton suggested that it might be a result of the popularity of "The Help" also. I think this has potential.

Here is the article about the pilots being picked up today.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/marc-cherrys-devious-maids-michael-greens-gotham-get-green-light-at-abc/

Guest lurkerspeaks

This reminds me of a Lisa Lampanelli joke. I saw her live act a couple of years ago. As expected, she poked fun at every ethnic group possible during her show. About 3/4 of the way thru, she spotted a latina women in the crowd. She stated, "There is a latin women. I don't make fun of latin women. You know why? I wanna make sure my hotel room is clean in the morning."

This reminds me of a Lisa Lampanelli joke. I saw her live act a couple of years ago. As expected, she poked fun at every ethnic group possible during her show. About 3/4 of the way thru, she spotted a latina women in the crowd. She stated, "There is a latin women. I don't make fun of latin women. You know why? I wanna make sure my hotel room is clean in the morning."

That's hysterical and sounds just like her comedy. She is an equal opportunity putter downer (as she puts it).