Guest gcursor

I AM COLD

Guest gcursor

So you guys may think that I'm joking with this topic but I am not. I am seriously cold. Without saying why, I do live in a house and have heat and all that. It's just very cold in our state right now.

SO with that thought in mind, let's say that I can't inch up the thermostat and can't use a space heater. I have an electric blanket though. BUT what other constructive ways would you give me to help me warm myself up?

I am SERIOUSLY considering lighting my xbox 360 on fire,

gcursor

p.s. and i do wear a shirt with a hoodie over it around the house all the time. BRRR!

I live in Southern California and right now we are having a heat wave due to the Santa Ana winds, but in December and in early January we were having a very cool winter for us. In fact normally I only run the heater 4 or 5 times a winter but I had it on nearly every day during December and early January which is shocking for us here. So I was cold too. But today I'm in my shorts sitting out on my deck watching the ocean today and reading my Stephen King novel called "11/16/63".

That Stephen King book is sooooo good. I highly recommend it. Even if you are not a King fan this would be a good book for you to read.

• Members

Warm slippers? Maybe a knit cap under the hoodie?

Bake something!

Seal windows with plastic sheeting for the rest of winter?

Use incense, similarly lit and blown out piece of wood (or hardware stores may sell something specialized) to find drafts/air leaks to seal. There are thermal cameras (maybe for rent at hardware store) good for this too.

Check attic insulation, consider one of those tent things for around the attic access.

Guest CharliePS

So you guys may think that I'm joking with this topic but I am not. I am seriously cold. Without saying why, I do live in a house and have heat and all that. It's just very cold in our state right now.

SO with that thought in mind, let's say that I can't inch up the thermostat and can't use a space heater. I have an electric blanket though. BUT what other constructive ways would you give me to help me warm myself up?

I am SERIOUSLY considering lighting my xbox 360 on fire,

gcursor

p.s. and i do wear a shirt with a hoodie over it around the house all the time. BRRR!

I suffer from cold when I am sitting around the house, too, and I find that hot showers help temporarily.

Spicy food also helps raise my body temperature.

Also having Shaun Ross come over and spend the day with me also raises my body temperature. ha ha ha ha