Guest EXPAT

Dallas - TNT version coming summer 2012

One of the TV events I'm most looking forward to watching is "Dallas" (the next generation) coming to TNT during the summer of 2012

Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffey will all reprise their roles from the original series. But this time it will mostly be about the competition of JR's son John Ross Ewing and Bobby's adoptive son, Christopher. I find it interesting that Jesse Metcalf is playing Christopher since he was not hispanic when he was young. (Although I'm assuming that Jesse is primarily hispanic but maybe not).

I'm including a picture below of the two actors playing Christopher and John Ross.

I could not wait for Friday night to watch this show. I got into a habit of never going out on Friday because of Dallas and Falcon Crest which were two of my favorite shows of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ8nktWKmb4

post-105999-027288700 1327683993.jpg

I wonder if this Dallas will have any open gay characters or will Texas remain free of homosexuals?

Aside from it's current governor, I have easily and often found homosexuals in the State of Texas. OMG, yes I have. The former, however, was equally true, just less easily found crossing the border - if you get my drift. And I'm not talking about ringing the Taco Bell-bell at three in the morning for the 4th meal of the day either.

The last thing our society or country needs or hopefully wants right now is another remix of an already failed remake of a TV series which really should have been pronounced dead long ago by now.

Do we really want more of this type of 1% drama in our lives today when the rest of our country is so obviously worse off now, because of it in the first place?

How could TNT ever think that this might be a good idea now? I don't care about the sexy-skin boys included - we can get those images anywhere. Click on the "watch on Youtube" link to be sure as the video as been disabled for embed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfNND7qFEg&feature=related

I doubt their consideration of the 1% even came up in the discussion. This is all about re-visiting a family that was hugely popular in the 70's and 80's and even into the 90's. I for one loved watching the hot mess that is Sue Ellen and watching how JR always got his way yet lost his way along the way. The good news is that it is not a re-make. It is a continuation of the story with the next generation. I for one will be watching every week and I will enjoy it as pure entertainment and nothing else.

• Members

I wonder if this Dallas will have any open gay characters or will Texas remain free of homosexuals?

The trailer indicated that 2 of the primary male characters, John Ross and Christoper both have girlfriends. It would be a shame if they didn't have any homosexual characters. Even Dynasty back in the Day had a gay character.

The trailer indicated that 2 of the primary male characters, John Ross and Christoper both have girlfriends. It would be a shame if they didn't have any homosexual characters. Even Dynasty back in the Day had a gay character.

I plan on watching the show as I loved the original one. Times have changed in 30 years. So should the plot. If no gay characters, that really does tell you that the show is stuck 30 years back.

However, if on TNT, will that audience be more homophobic than other networks?

I doubt their consideration of the 1% even came up in the discussion. This is all about re-visiting a family that was hugely popular in the 70's and 80's and even into the 90's. I for one loved watching the hot mess that is Sue Ellen and watching how JR always got his way yet lost his way along the way. The good news is that it is not a re-make. It is a continuation of the story with the next generation. I for one will be watching every week and I will enjoy it as pure entertainment and nothing else.

If you enjoyed a hot mess then, with Sue Ellen, then you can equally enjoy a hot mess now with a guy named Lucky. No?

I mean are they not really the same?

And have your wantings for your own people really not changed?

People who celebrate who we once were as apposed to whom we are now today and whom we can become tomorrow are idiots.

I could count the ways but I'm sure my math is not equal to what others find equal to their own moment in math, experience and time.

Guest FourAces

OZ I can assure you that there is at least one homosexual here in Texas :lol:

• Members

My Friday nights revolved around Dallas, usually watching with friends, and I'll watch this one too. No character, before or since, could make me say uh, oh like JR. You just knew he was up to no good!

DALLAS_jr_DW_Kultur_564800s.jpg

First I heard of Brad Pitt was thanks to Dallas, when he played the boyfriend of Priscilla Presley's daughter. Believe it or not, he was in his early twenties when he played this character. It was his first year in Hollywood, and Thelma and Louise was four years in the future.

tumblr_lb6u20FTmX1qer5b2o1_400.jpg

tumblr_lb6u20FTmX1qer5b2o3_400.jpg

And Sue Ellen's fling with Christopher Atkins kept the eye candy coming, even though I thought the scripts were getting a bit tired toward the end.

3639757:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

peterchrisatkins.jpg

Wonder if they'll be able to lure Victoria Principal back for a guest appearance? Apparently, she was the only cast member who signed a sweetheart contract that gave her ownership of all her outside deals. Doesn't sound like she needs the money.

Well Victoria Principal's character is dead. But that never stopped Bobby from returning. Did it?

One of my favorite lines from Dallas was when Jock died and JR had to prove his new ownership of Ewing Oil and they couldn't find a will.

JR said as he looked into the camera, "Where there's a way, there's a will. . .". I loved that line.

• Members

(Duplicate post - frazzled HTML code - and, no, I'm not trying to scorch ahead of Lucky and EXPAT in the contest. In fact, here's a post toastie to the both of them! smiley_beer_toast.gif )

Lucky and EXPAT are not in competition. I have no desire to attempt to overcome his wide lead, and gladly concede the contest for most posts to him. If I win anything, it will be in the drawing with many other posters included. But, thanks for the toast, and even more for the photos of Brad and Chris.