KYTOP

Gayest City in the USA

The gay chat shows today were making fun of this article. I get the sense that a lot of PR people for these towns paid a lot of money, er excuse me sponsorships, for this list. It makes no sense at all. We were laughing hysterically at it actually.

• Members

Interesting list.

I'm currently working in Portland and am happy to see it listed at #12. I've found lots to do here and there is a plethora of special interest groups from the Portland Cook Boys to hiking clubs.

I lived for a while in Grand Rapids and it's listed at #10. Unfortunately, I didn't find it all that gay-friendly when I lived there. It was the most conservative and religiously-controlled place I ever lived. Decided to move from Grand Rapids to Salt Lake City where it was liberal.

I'm in totally agreement with the designation of Salt Lake City as the gayest city in America. I still own a home there and spend most holidays in the state. Lots of bars, support organizations, and gay opportunities in that city. And the second largest parade in Utah is the Pride parade. It's also worthy to note that the head of the Democratic party in Utah is openly gay. Jim is also on the short list to lead the Human Rights Campaign in Washington, DC. Read more about that at HRC.