Lucky

Gun Supporting Legislator Tries to Bring one on Plane

• Members

Yes, he's a Republican. One of those guys who support God and country. Yet he couldn't be bothered to obey the law banning the carrying on of guns onto airplanes in the U.S. Assemblyman Tim Donnelly, R-Twin Peaks, near San Bernadino, California, says he had tried to hide the gun from his wife, put it into a carry-on bag, then forgot it was there when he boarded a flight. This supporter of the sanctity of marriage would rather risk lives than tell the truth to his wife.

The weapon was a Colt Mark IV .45 caliber handgun, with nine rounds. The TSA says the most common excuse in the 1200 guns seized each year is "Oh, I forgot." I hope voters forget to re-elect this creep.

Guest CharliePS

Why did he want to hide the gun from his wife, who one assumes shares his "open carry" position? Was he afraid she might use it on him?

How did he "risk lives"?

Best regards,

RA1

Seriously?

Well let's see, by bringing on a gun (which is banned) someone could take the gun and use it. I would call that "risking lives" by giving someone an opportunity to use a gun in a restricted area.

• Members

Yes, seriously. Did you ever speed while driving a car? If so, yes, you "technically" risked lives but, did you? Maybe. But, then, just driving a car at any speed CAN risk lives.

What was the intent? That is very much part and parcel of US law.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest CharliePS

I tend to agree with RA1 on this one. Of course, the gun could go off accidently, particularly if he reached into the carry-on without realizing it was there (as he claimed), but then, that could have happened anywhere he went with the bag, not just on a plane. Which then turns into an argument against carrying guns in the first place. By the way, he apparently didn't even have a permit to carry a concealed weapon anywhere, which says a lot about what a careful, good citizen he is.

Guest CharliePS

RA1 seriously doesn't know how a loaded gun on a plane might risk lives?

RA1 was questioning your initial post, which implied that the perp was knowingly/purposely risking lives, although the esteemed legislator insisted that he wasn't aware that the gun was in the bag.

Guest CharliePS

Oh, I see. he does like to question my posts, often following me around the board like a loyal puppy!

He just wants to make sure I get everything right.

Well, sometimes your posts ARE questionable. But you were kind enough--or unobservant enough--not to point out that my leaping lords were gifted two days ago, not on Jan.6.

• Members

Well, sometimes your posts ARE questionable. But you were kind enough--or unobservant enough--not to point out that my leaping lords were gifted two days ago, not on Jan.6.

Yes, I was being kind. That's what people know me for!

• Members

Oh, I see. he does like to question my posts, often following me around the board like a loyal puppy!

He just wants to make sure I get everything right.

I don't follow you like a puppy, loyal or otherwise. However, you do have the most posts therefore, one must assume you have the most "wrong" posts as well as others. ^_^

Best regards,

RA