Guest EXPAT

Is Rick Perry out of the race?

Guest FourAces

Candidates do not announce they are returning home to review their options unless they plan to suspend their campaign. Rick Perry thankfully is out of the race but we here in Texas are still stuck with him and his over one million dollar security bill we paid for. The only candidate in Iowa who did not cover their own security via campaign funds. Oh and Perry has over three million in funds available to hum.

The only good to come out of his failed attempt is no way will Texans elect him to a fourth term as governor. And hopefully not as a senator either.

• Members

Candidates do not announce they are returning home to review their options unless they plan to suspend their campaign. Rick Perry thankfully is out of the race but we here in Texas are still stuck with him and his over one million dollar security bill we paid for. The only candidate in Iowa who did not cover their own security via campaign funds. Oh and Perry has over three million in funds available to hum.

The only good to come out of his failed attempt is no way will Texans elect him to a fourth term as governor. And hopefully not as a senator either.

Rick Perry is on to South Carolina. He is the only candidate standing that is acceptable to tea party, the right wing social conservatives and the business arm of the party. He has the deep pockets. Santorum's shelf life is a month at best -- toooo much baggage, nooooo money, no organization.

Not to say Perry will prevail but the right wing wackos are not ready to concede to Romney. The establish Repubs will not concede to Paul.

As for Perry not being reelected, or Senator, surely you jest. Texas has half a dozen wackos & idiots elected to Congress (Louie Gohmert is an prime example) and has voted for Perry three times. Texas is probably the only State that celebrates it's a broad lack of mental acuity. Have you seen what they try to do to their educational standards? They have officially sanctioned dumbing-down the schools. Only people who already know it all do that.

Guest CharliePS

Perry will not exit yet, because he would look as wimpy as Bachmann, which no Texas male could stand. He'll stay in through South Carolina, after which he will gracefully bow to the inevitable.

Guest FourAces

Perry will not exit yet, because he would look as wimpy as Bachmann, which no Texas male could stand. He'll stay in through South Carolina, after which he will gracefully bow to the inevitable.

I'm surprised that after his announcement last night he is still in the race. But as mentioned with Bachman dropping out maybe he feels there is a chance lol.

• Members

I was back in the US of Cuh-RAY-zees for three weeks. Every time I heard Perry speak, I just shook my head. How could Texas elect anyone dumber than Bush 2.0? er, or is that dumberer?

Money buys most elections where there is a significant disparity in funding. There can be no other rational explanation.

Also, I agree that SC will be the point of no return for Perry. Either he catches fire and big support or the flames out for good.

I suspect my previous view was ill considered, that he might be a magnet for the business and evangelical wings at this point. He may just hang around to kill Santorum faster that Santorum might naturally collapse.

He'll be out after two weeks.

I'm looking forward to the next two episodes in the reality series "GOP Debaters". ABC on Saturday evening and on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday are two more debates right before the New Hampshire primaries next week.