Guest EXPAT

McCain to endorse Romney

• Members

CNN and The Huffington Post are reporting that John McCain will travel to New Hampshire to endorse Mitt Romney on Wednesday, Jan 4. This is not really surprising since Romney is the establishments choice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/john-mccain-mitt-romney_n_1182580.html

It was a fiasco. They actually let an unvetted audience have at Romney that submitted primarily hostile questions. Also, the warmth on stage between old enemies wouldn't melt an ice cube in an hour. I guess McCain hates Santorum more.

I was laughing so hard when I saw it on TV today. But to start with John McCain has absolutely no ability to show warmth in any public speaking engagement anyway. So you are already starting with a handicap (no pun intended). As I have blogged before, the Republicans (see I can capitalize, although they don't deserve it) have a real problem in figuring out how to appease the far far right and then appeal to the independents with all of those wack-a-do beliefs.

Well, if McCain endorses Romney, wouldn't his protege Palin be right behind him?

Not likely since Romney is not "tea party" enough. Although she will eventually endorse the nominee unless she intends to run on the new "tea party" ballot. . . .

Guest CharliePS

Does McCain have any influence with anyone anymore? Will Bob Dole totter in on Liddy's arm to rouse the troops for Romney? When will Romney make the pilgrimage to receive the anointment from Nancy Reagan (whose personal dislike of McCain was so palpable that she could hardly look at him during the endorsement)?

• Members

McCain has my respect and admiration for his military service. After that I don't have much to say favorably. I was appalled when he was nominated and felt deserted with regard to any opposition party to the Democratic nominee. That more or less firmed up my belief that we should have more than two parties although I recognize the difficulties.

I certainly do not agree completely with Ron Paul or the Libertarian Party but he and they are much closer to my personal beliefs than either the Democrats or Republicans as they now present themselves. The Libertarians have elected several folks to state offices and, while it may be a slow process, there is hope yet.

Best regards,

RA1