Guest EXPAT

Santorum wants "forced divorce"

• Members

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/santorum-comes-out-for-forced-divorce_b_1178591.html?ref=gay-voices

It is beyond me how anyone can support this idiot. And he is completely delusional if he thinks anyone but the far far right would even consider him for President.

Unfortunately, there is a significant minority in the country all to ready to support wackos. Look at the audiences of Limbaugh, Hannity, Bachman, Santorum, Herman Cain, Paul... The list could go on and on.

• Members

On his new twitter account, Rupert Murdock allows as how Santorum is just the thing, Expat. :rolleyes: Proves your point, I guess.

"In another tweet, Murdoch said, 'Good to see santorum surging in Iowa. Regardless of policies, all debates showed principles, consistency and humility like no other other.'"

• Members

On his new twitter account, Rupert Murdock allows as how Santorum is just the thing, Expat. :rolleyes: Proves your point, I guess.

"In another tweet, Murdoch said, 'Good to see santorum surging in Iowa. Regardless of policies, all debates showed principles, consistency and humility like no other other.'"

I'm of the opinion that Murdoch finds Santorum to be a minimally adequate 'useful idiot'. Neocons and Big Oil found Bush II performed just fine.

It looks like the most sought after potential 'useful idiot' hit strong headwinds that even his money supporters couldn't overcome -- Rick Perry. Texas must be feeling embarassed to know that they have chosen a real idiot not once, not twice, but three times to run their state. At least the rich got richer as the state dropped in health care and education. A fourth term and Texas may make Mississippi look good in contrast.

Guest CharliePS

I wouldn't underestimate Santorum's ability to convince people to vote for him, based on the fact that he got elected to the Senate for two terms from Pennsylvania, a swing state, and lost in 2006, a bad year for Republicans, to a very popular conservative Catholic Democrat. He is still fairly attractive physically, which does influence some voters, especially women. I lived in PA when he was our Senator, so I was subjected to his ultraconservative social views, but he does come across as decent and sincere in person. I encountered him once in 30th Street Station in Philadelphia while both of us were waiting for a train to DC, and I thought it interesting that he was completely alone and apparently unrecognized by other passengers, and he seemed quite comfortable with that, unlike many politicians who want to be noticed as celebrities.