Lucky

Much Ado About A Horse

• Members

When I was nine years old, I saw the movie Old Yeller 4 times. It was the classic boy and his dog movie.

Old-Yeller-dog_400.jpg

(SPOILER ALERT)

The movie Warhorse is similar, substituting a horse, of course, and a happier ending. I saw it this afternoon and liked it, but felt rather manipulated as it is designed to bring a tear to the eye. Tears, I expected. Drooling I didn't. Jeremy Irvine plays the boy, and boy, is he hot. The production values are also much improved since old Yeller.

a_560x375.jpg

How could you not root for him to be reunited with his horse? I just wanted to hug him and tell him that the ending was going to be great. Is it a super wonderful movie? Well, I didn't think so, again the manipulation with all the orchestra clanging, and the wondrous vistas and colors. A bit much, but not a turn off.

My interest was all, well, a lot, in Irvine. According to the Hollywood Reporter:

The 21-year-old, a student at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, lacked enough acting experience for the role. (His biggest role at the time: playing a tree in the chorus of the Royal Shakespeare Company.) "I had a couple of months of going in to audition two or three times a week, sometimes doing videotape and knowing it would be shown to Steven," Irvine told THR. "It was quite intense."

jeremy_irvine_a_p.jpg

Irvine, who auditioned six times before winning the role, waited weeks following his first audition to hear back. "I got a call at about 8 p.m. or 9 p.m., saying, 'Can you meet Steven for tea in a hotel in London tomorrow morning?' I did what any actor would do: I freaked out," he recalled. (end quote)

So, imagine yourself a casting director, seeing Jeremy and the likes of him for weeks on end. I think I would have to retire...

Interview with Jeremy. I think they pumped his lips up for the movie:

Jeremy Interviewed

I loved "Warhorse". Even though it was a bit overly melodramatic, it was a good story. I think Spielberg may have a real shot at Best Picture/Best Director.

I am not sure why, but this movie just didn't capture my attention enough to go see it yet. It does look good but it seems a bit sappy to me. Am I wrong?

I'd say more melodramatic than sappy. But it's really a good story. it's like the epic stories of the 60's. it is definitely worth seeing. I'm anxious to see it on stage when it comes to LA.

EXPAT, I am glad to know that we agree here. Would you please post a pic of Jeremy Irvine's ass? Thanks.

I have been searching all day and NOTHING!! He must have sexted someone somewhere !!!

• Members

LOL, I looked last night, EXPAT.

I suspect Mr. Irvin's vault from extra to star was just too sudden to allow the usual backtracking of his personal history.

Patience, my dear EXPAT, patience. :P