TotallyOz

Rio de Janeiro Named Hottest Gay Destination

Who knew? Not us, but it turns out that a contest sponsored by TripOutGayTravel.com and MTV named Rio de Janeiro the hottest gay destination in the world for a second year. The Brazilian city got 48% of the votes, beating out Madrid, Spain; Portland, Oregon; St. Tropez, France; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Stockholm, Sweden. According to the press release, "The candidate cities were chosen by a group of writers and journalists specializing in global travel."

http://www.gay.net/travel-escapes/2011/12/28/rio-de-janeiro-named-hottest-gay-destination

I suspect the reason Madrid didn't win this year is because the place where their "Occupy" movement is occupying is Sol - which is in the heart of the gay district and having 5,000 random mostly non gay protestors has sort of changed the atmosphere of the neighborhood.

That will change back eventually, of course.

• Members

I suspect the reason Madrid didn't win this year is because the place where their "Occupy" movement is occupying is Sol - which is in the heart of the gay district and having 5,000 random mostly non gay protestors has sort of changed the atmosphere of the neighborhood.

That will change back eventually, of course.

These guys missed the boat entirely. From everything I've read and heard the hottest gay destination goes too Bangkok or Pattay(splitting hairs?). The most humid too. :P

TY, I think Bangkok or Pattaya is not on the list because this is an American poll and I think many in the gay life here believe they are not attracted by Asians. I have heard that over 100 times over the years with people traveling to Thailand. But, once they do, they fall in love. The hard part is getting them there.

I had three boys from NYC that visited me on three separate occasions in Thailand. They all said the same thing, "I'm not into Asian guys." They visited me and met guys and fell in love with the country and the people. This has been many years. Now, 2 of the 3 have long term Thai partners and the 3rd dates Asians in NYC.

I wish there was not the feeling among many gays but it exists.

• Members

The owner of a gay website recently announced his intention to move to Portland, Oregon, thus making it the inside favorite to win this contest next year. I like Portland too, except it is a bit wet and insular.

MEOW!

meow_meow_by_midaaa-d3feixj.jpg

:P:thumbsup::heart: