Guest Hoover42

PROMETHEUS: Ridley Scott is Back!

Guest Hoover42

Interesting that the ship from Alien is in there and he's using the same typeface as Alien.

Interesting. PROMETHEUS is a prequel to Alien, and set in the same universe, I suppose Scott is using the ship and the typeface for continuity.

I saw this trailer yesterday when I saw "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". I didn't know anything about it. I can't wait for this movie. I can wait and will never see "The Devil Inside" which they alway showed yesterday. YUCK.

Guest rohale

I remember ten years ago just after the huge success that came with the film "Gladiator", Ridley Scott very much wanted to do a science fiction film and expressed in wanting to do another "Alien" and get the franchise up and running after the ill-fated disasters of David Fincher's Alien 3 and whatever came after that. Suddenly the studio didn't want to utilise him and felt that he was a bit old. Even James Cameron wanted to work with Ridley, unfortunately the studio went with the Alien vs Predator which didn't last too long. Now ten years later, the studio came to it's senses and so far have expressed enthusiasm for Ridley. In a way his career has to a certain degree come full circle considering that it his film "Alien" that caught the attention of Hollywood after having just done one film and lots of commercials for Granada and ITV in England. So it's nice to read that Ridley Scott is back in the director's chair for this outing with "Prometheus" and I hope the film performs well at the box office. Over the next year or so, I cant to see what ideas Ridley comes up with in terms of story board ideas for a possible Blade Runner reboot.

Is he really doing a Blade Runner reboot or is that just a myth?

I've heard this for years, but I also keep hearing that funding is the problem.

Guest Hoover42

I've heard this for years, but I also keep hearing that funding is the problem.

There have been a number of recent interviews of Scott where he mentions that he has committed to directing a "Blade Runner" follow-up (sequel or prequel) and has been interviewing writers to work with him on the screenplay.

There have been a number of recent interviews of Scott where he mentions that he has committed to directing a "Blade Runner" follow-up (sequel or prequel) and has been interviewing writers to work with him on the screenplay.

That would be so fantastic. I loved the original. I haven't watched it in a while.