Lucky

Do The Chinese Love Dogs?

• Members

We know that the Chinese love to put lead in children's toys, so why should we trust them with our little doggies? It's virtually impossible to find dog food these days that is not made in China...well, at least dog treats. When I see my kids getting so excited as I whip out the moo-shoo-bark treats, I worry if I might not be slowly killing them. Then the Chinese would probably import their dead carcasses back to Beijing to serve as some delicacy at a State Dinner invoking Mao.

How did we let China obtain control of our dog food, and thus, our dogs?

Especially once you know this: China Pet Policies

e8d9b219efdb7f82e4df9a3b91bc061e.jpg

• Members

Back in the 1990s, I had a friend/acquaintance who owned a pet care store and she told me she refused to carry any food/treats made in China because of poor quality control issues. She advised me to always check the labelling (or with the store owner for bulk dry food/biscuits) and stay away from Chinese products. I confess, I hadn't really thought about it in recent years, but I guess old habits die hard, because when I went and checked this am, I found everything I give my dog still comes from North America. Indeed there's a small irony in that almost everything was made in the USA and I live in Canada... ;)

Alan

• Members

Back in the 1990s, I had a friend/acquaintance who owned a pet care store and she told me she refused to carry any food/treats made in China because of poor quality control issues. She advised me to always check the labelling (or with the store owner for bulk dry food/biscuits) and stay away from Chinese products. I confess, I hadn't really thought about it in recent years, but I guess old habits die hard, because when I went and checked this am, I found everything I give my dog still comes from North America. Indeed there's a small irony in that almost everything was made in the USA and I live in Canada... ;)

Alan

I have found treats hat are made in the USA, but they are hard to find. Most stores carry only Made in China treats. The packaging looks nice and American, but...

Guest hitoallusa

I feed my cat wild caught salmon and people think that I am crazy. My friend even worse she fed my dinner to her cat without asking! Sometimes I think I live for my cat.

The cat food I buy says it's made in France.