Lucky

Credit Card Offers

• Members

I thought I had posted on this, so please stop reading if I have. I have opted out of credit card mailings, which is right now to my regret.

The bf gets them all of the time. He got one from Chase Sapphire offering 35,000 frequent flier miles. Then, a week later, they upped it to 50,000 miles, so we took that offer. No foreign exchange charges either, and they waive the annual fee the first year. I could get that card online, but would have to spend $3000 in first 3 months to get the 50,000 miles. He got them after his/my first purchase.

What's even better is that they are not exactly 50,000 miles. He can use them for those, yes, but he can also use them to take $500 off his bill. I haven't gone to ultimaterewards.com to see all of the benefits yet. I do understand that he can apply the miles to any frequent flier account he chooses to...or, hehehe, I choose to.

But I am canceling my AAdvantage card since they were so rude when I was in New York. I got 4 alerts about an $87 charge. So, after 11 pm, I spoke for 20 minutes with some guy in India, convincing him that I was the authorized user of the card. When done, he said I then had to call yet another number and enter a PIN that he would give me. I said, no, I am going to bed. What I will do is tear up the card and never use it again. And I did so.

So, now I need a new card. I am ineligible for the Delta AMEX bonus since I already had it once. The United card I have with Chase is not so good now that they have the Explorer, which, among other things, allow free bag check. They are giving 40,000 miles to new customers, but existing ones get only 5,000 and no fee waiver. I like the free bag check though. We get it on Delta through the BF's AMEX card.

So, who is up on all of the new offers? I hear I just missed one on British Airways giving away 100,000 miles.

Hopefully none of you have signed up for the WalMart card with its $20 signing bonus!

(One way to check offers, but I heard that with an invite you can get as many as 100,000 miles from Citi. https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/view-all-credit-cards/)

• Members

In case anyone read this, I did finally visit the Ultimate Rewards page for this card, and see that there are only 8 loyalty programs to which you can transfer points, United being one.

I also tried booking a hotel on the site, and then booking it at Expedia. The Ultimate Rewards site charged $10 a night more. So not as good as on first look.