BiBottomBoy

Kim Jong-il Is Dead

• Members

For some years, I've had North Korea's official English news website in my bookmarks folder. Just checked and it hasn't been updated since Wednesday, and I don't recall missed days in the past. Could be this happened a few days ago and the backroom boys took a few days to tee up the announcement.

I hope his successor will put his people before his ego.

• Members

For some years, I've had North Korea's official English news website in my bookmarks folder. Just checked and it hasn't been updated since Wednesday, and I don't recall missed days in the past. Could be this happened a few days ago and the backroom boys took a few days to tee up the announcement.

I hope his successor will put his people before his ego.

Apparently they waited two days to announce the death. Isn't his son a little cutie? I just want to grab those love handles and poke some sense into him.

I love some of the crazy claims he made during his lifetime.

North Korean schools teach children that Jong-il's birth was "supernatural." He was born in a log cabin inside a secret base on the sacred Mt. Paekdu, the story goes, and his arrival was accompanied by the apparition of a new star. The seasons then spontaneously changed from winter to spring, and a double-rainbow appeared, followed by a talking iceberg. (Western accounts say he was born in a guerrilla camp in Russia.)

State textbooks claim Jong-il does not produce urine or feces.

Jong-il long claimed to be the world's greatest golfer. In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that he shot 38 under par on a regulation 18-hole golf course, including 5 holes in one.