Lucky

Barefoot Bandit Pleads Guilty

• Members

A young man known as the Barefoot Bandit has pleaded guilty in Island County, Washington, "to a string of burglaries and identity thefts carried out during a two-year crime spree...earned his unusual moniker after going on an alleged burglary spree targeting planes, boats and luxury cars in the US and Canada. He was said to have committed some of the crimes without shoes on -- and sometimes nude -- once leaving behind 39 chalk footprints and the word "C'ya!"

Harris-Moore gained infamy after allegedly teaching himself to fly, then stealing four aircraft, as well as cars, boats, bikes and cash in a spree across Washington, Idaho, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana."

After evading authorities for 2 years, he was arrested when a plane he had stolen crashed in the Bahamas. Seeing the pic of the young man made me think that he was an adventurous guy who might get a movie out of this...wait a minute! He might? No, indeed. He has a 1.3 million contract for a movie on his life. I hope he plays himself.

Barefoot_Bandit--300x300.jpg

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/barefoot_bandit_pleads_guilty_in_GTVzJfc9MA6YrtQgoVYyvN#ixzz1gkI6AGb4

A better article in the LA Times: My favorite bandit

Why am I not surprised? Dustin Lance Black, who won an Academy Award for ‘Milk’, is working on the screenplay and has met with Harris-Moore in prison.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075254/Colton-Harris-Moore-Barefoot-Bandit-jailed-year-crime-spree-states.html#ixzz1gkOFxaMS

(The Daily Mail article is pretty good too.)

• Members

Are you willing to wait 7 years for the movie? He may have taught himself to fly but he didn't teach himself to land.

He certainly caught the attention of many with his over the top escapades. He is a physically attractive guy and I wish him well but he still is a felon. He will have to do more than write a letter of remorse in order to have a successful life.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Seeing the pic of the young man made me think that he was an adventurous guy who might get a movie out of this...wait a minute! He might? No, indeed. He has a 1.3 million contract for a movie on his life. I hope he plays himself.

Playing himself would be the only way to get any money out of that movie deal.

All the proceeds from the sale of the movie rights go to those who suffered losses from his crime spree.

• Members

Kids, kids, this is a fantasy. Of course I know he is going to jail. But suppose the movie wants to do the scene were he commits a burglary while naked. Now which actor would you prefer for that role? I am going to go with Stark Sands.

Stark%20Sands-SGS-014744.jpg

stark-sands-million-dollar-quartet-broadway-pC7ob2.jpg

I saw him in Bonnie & Clyde when it played in La Jolla, and he had no problem showing his ass every night!