BiBottomBoy

Forbes Gay And Lesbian Travel Survey

• Members

What can you do in NYC when you are on vacation? I don't get it. I don't like that city at all except for making money.

NYC is an awesome vacation destination for gays. I always try to make a stop there when on the East Coast

1) Broadway

2) One gay club per block (lol slight exaggeration)

3) Broadway

4) 9 million subscribers to GRINDER (lol slight exaggeration)

5) Broadway

6) 1 million aspiring actors/models who serve you food at great restaurants or sell you clothes at great stores (lol slight exaggeration)

7) Broadway

8) And as BiBottom mentions above... an endless supply (millions... NOT an exaggeration) of other gay men many of whom are attractive, horny, and available.

9) And did I mention there is musical theater on Broadway?

• Members

To be fair Broadway used to be lots more interesting than it is now.

These days instead of Eugene O'Neil we get Spider Man and the Lion King.

While I agree with you that both Spider Man (especially) and Lion King are not interesting to me... there are plenty to choose from even in the 21st century.

Besides the classics that are still running such as Wicked, Phantom, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys, Billy Elliot, and Priscilla queen of the desert (ok not a classic but McArthur Park is melting in the dark...)

There are some very interesting new shows:

1) Book of Mormon

2) How to Succeed in Business (had that Harry Potter kid for a while)

3) Hugh Jackman Back on Broadway (if you like the masculine look)

And some fantastic revivals:

1) Godspell (from my high school days) but NOW starring Hunter Parrish and Telly Leung (double yummm)

2) Evita (Ricky Martin as Che)

Can't imagine there aren't 3 shows out of that lot to satisfy any gay musical goers taste buds!

• Members

What can you do in NYC when you are on vacation? I don't get it. I don't like that city at all except for making money.

Oh one last point....

The reason why NYC is a great vacation destination site is that you are visiting and you will leave! But for a short moment in time, you are living amongst all these other people who are there for this reason and living this life:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2010/how-to-live-in-new-york-city/#.Tuo3KsQS_8E.facebook

• Members

I have always found NYC to be interesting, with or without the gay scene. I also agree I would not like to live there unless I was making a LOT of money, so, leaving is also good. ^_^

The touristy stuff plus stuff singularly interesting to me is all good. I have enjoyed the Intrepid museum, Ellis Island, Freedom Island, the Battery where I was entertained by strolling free style acrobats, off Broadway and Broadway, street vendors, on and on. There is always something to do and see and be entertained by in NYC.

There is no end to what can be entertaining in NYC and, sorry to say, no end to how much money one can spend while there. :(

Best regards,

RA1

Guest hitoallusa

That applies when a guy is hot like you! For a guy like me it's irrelevant whether there are more hot guys in NYC. I only get to hang around with my own kind (not so attractive in wordly view) and I am happy about it. ^_^

If you are from the midwest small town you can meet more gay men to play with in a night than in a whole year where you live.

• Members

I have never thought that New York was more expensive than other places--it just has more tempting opportunities to spend money.

Does that mean that PSP is very expensive but just does not have the "many temptations"? ^_^

Some of my many temptations include food, shelter, clothing, transportation and a few other "personal" needs. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

PS--I get your point. ^_^

New York is the only city I've been in where cocktails are routinely $16 each.

As with anything in NYC there are choices in all price ranges. I lived there for 6 years and I never paid $16 for a cocktail. It just depends on where you go. I usually paid anywhere from $6 - $10.