Guest FourAces

I Met Joan Jett

Guest FourAces

OK so this was not last night ... but many years ago I had briefly worked in the music industry. Joan was in San Diego, my home town, to play a concert with her band the Blackhearts. So I made a call to get a few passes. A friend and I went down to see the show and hang out a while afterward.

Later we made our way backstage and I spoke for a bit with Kenny Laguna her longtime manager. He invited us in to her dressing room ... where he introduced us to Joan.

Standing next to her you immediately notice how tiny she is not to leave out quite frail as well. It was a bit of a shock ... but I must add she was very sweet and funny. My buddy and I had a great evening.

On stage she looked and sounded very powerful.

I am so fucking jealous!

I almost met her about 12 years ago. The Donnas were opening up for her on St. Patrick's Day at the Roxy. I was doing some freelance work as a rock critic at the time and the Donnas were looking for publicity so I managed to get VIP passes to the thing. I did get to watch Joan's set while doing Jeiger Bombs with The Donnas, but Joan left quickly after her set was over so I didn't get the chance to talk to her.

The Donnas were way cool and the show was fucking awesome!

Joan Jett is like the patron saint of rock and roll.

Guest FourAces

Crimson and clover, over and over...

One of my all time favorite songs. I like the original best by Tommy James but Joan does an excellent cover of it. Two lines from the song which is actually about heroin are "I'll do everything" ... & "I did it for feeling"

Back in those days everything we did was for feeling ^_^

• Members

Hmmm, I have ridden on an elevator with Connie Chung, and then Yoko Ono. I have crossed the street standing next to Nick Lachey and then Kevin Bacon. I have walked the sidewalk next to Al Sharpton and before that B.D. Wong.

Of course, I've seen untold celebrities on various stages, in passing on the street (Ricky Martin, Lauren Bacall, Eric Stoltz, Fran Drescher, Eric McCormack) and in stores, restaurants and clubs. I rarely say anything to them, but Kevin Bacon saw me recognize him and gave me such a hateful look so as to keep me from speaking to him.

And, a friend of mine had an affair with one of the great rock legends. A long affair, well, six months, which must be an eternity for the rock star. This legend was not openly gay. And no, I can't say.

Who would I like to speak with? Brad Pitt, Johnnie Depp, Mario Lopez...well, you get the picture.

Guest FourAces

Hmmm, I have ridden on an elevator with Connie Chung, and then Yoko Ono. I have crossed the street standing next to Nick Lachey and then Kevin Bacon. I have walked the sidewalk next to Al Sharpton and before that B.D. Wong.

But have you ever hung out with Slayer :P

Actually if I were in a elevator with Yoko I probably get arrested for bothering her. I am such a huge John Lennon fan I would molest her with question after question lol.

And ironically before she abandoned SoCal I was a fan of Connie Chung.