Lucky

Places To Stay Around the World

Guest hitoallusa

On the second pic there are chinese characters that mean lucky but I don't understand why "Lucky Bar" in Chinese is translated into Lucky Hotel in English ??? Any Chinese on here who can elaborate on that one? Anyways, Lucky you are internationally famous!

• Members

On the second pic there are chinese characters that mean lucky but I don't understand why "Lucky Bar" in Chinese is translated into Lucky Hotel in English ??? Any Chinese on here who can elaborate on that one? Anyways, Lucky you are internationally famous!

The Chinese characters translate exactly into "Lucky Hotel." I asked A Chinese speaker why you thought it said Lucky Bar and he did not have any idea. He is sure it says Lucky Hotel, and why wouldn't it? It's translated right there for you!

Yes, I am internationally famous, just not internationally lucky! :huh:

Guest hitoallusa

That's strange the third character from the left means wine/liquor/spirits and the last character means store or inn. I guess they use like that in China. I'm no Chinese but thank you for asking a Chinese speaker for me.

The Chinese characters translate exactly into "Lucky Hotel." I asked A Chinese speaker why you thought it said Lucky Bar and he did not have any idea. He is sure it says Lucky Hotel, and why wouldn't it? It's translated right there for you!

Yes, I am internationally famous, just not internationally lucky! :huh:

• Members

You are reading the characters as individual words, but when you read them as a whole, they mean Lucky Hotel. He agrees that the third character, read by itself, might mean wine store, but it's the placement of the characters together that changes the meaning. That's his story, and I am sticking to it, like sticky rice!

(By the way, I am reading left to right.)

Guest hitoallusa

Got it. I checked chinese hotel names in Chinese and yes indeed they use it like that. Thank you for asking your Chinese friend for me. So there are no Chinese guys here on this forum??? It will be nice for you guys to participate.. Don't be shy~~~

You are reading the characters as individual words, but when you read them as a whole, they mean Lucky Hotel. He agrees that the third character, read by itself, might mean wine store, but it's the placement of the characters together that changes the meaning. That's his story, and I am sticking to it, like sticky rice!

(By the way, I am reading left to right.)

• Members

I have directed the tattoo artists at all of the Lucky hotels around the world to show proof to potential customers that the symbol they want inked on their body actually means what they think it means. Yes, these people are dumb to get a permanent tattoo that they don't personally know what it means, but this will not happen at Lucky hotels.

Further, just to clarify, Lucky hotels across the world are indeed family friendly. we welcome gay families and straight families. And yes, children are welcome. Rather than the usual "kids under 12 stay free," we offer a special: Kids 18-21 stay free to give our hotels a different twist and set us apart from the more traditional hotels. Furthermore, if you are 18-21 AND with your parent or someone old enough to be your parent, you may buy alcohol at dinner and at our clubs. So come on, parents, bring the kids to a Lucky hotel. They may come away much wiser on certain worldly matters than if you had stayed at the Holiday Inn!!! Don't forget our nude swimming pools for guests 18-25 only.*

*For security reasons and to make sure nothing untoward happens, our nude swimming pools are under 24 video protection. Tapes available for $39.95 if you want to see how your kids behaved at the pool.

• Members

This sounds like MSY aka New Orleans where those under 21 can drink alcohol as long as they are accompanied by "adults" aka parents, but, sometimes known as clients. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1