Guest hitoallusa

Book Signing

Guest hitoallusa

I went to a book signing event at a local book store. Steve Almond, the author of the book "God Bless America", is famous for resigning his professorship at Boston College when Condi Rice was selected as the commencement speaker in 2006. He is so cute, engaging and mesmerizing. His voice is so manly and I just went into another world when he read parts of his new book. He said that he writes to make people to "feel" more of what's going on around us and also heal people's broken heart thru his short stories. One thing that strike my heart was that he mentioned loneliness in this country and he wanted to people to know that they are not alone thru his stories. That just touched my heart.

Another amazing thing is that people at the book signing asked insightful questions and his answers were honest and sincere. As a father of two, he also exhibited deep affection toward his children in his talk. He shared his issues in his family life and I thought that was very open of him to do that.