Lucky

Movie: My Weekend With Marilyn

• Members

My week was about 7 days too much! Michelle Williams may have played the character of Marilyn very well, but geez, what insufferable insecurities!

I have never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe and this movie did nothing to help me out. Most men want to kiss her, I just wanted to slap her.

The cute Eddie Redmayne, who I saw on Broadway with Alfred Molina in Red, where he was just fantastic, proves his acting chops again in this movie.

Except for the part about wanting Marilyn...he must really be acting!

The sets and scenery are beautiful, Judi Dench delightful in a small role, but Marilyn is so annoying the movie is hard to sit through.

(Sorry, the title is My Week with Marilyn. I guess I was trying to shorten it when I wrote the heading.)

Guest lurkerspeaks

Thanks for the heads up, Lucky. This was a movie I was thinking about going to see tomorrow.. Guess I will find something else...maybe "the Dependants" with George Clooney, or Hugo...any other suggestions from the new releases??

• Members

My week was about 7 days too much! Michelle Williams may have played the character of Marilyn very well, but geez, what insufferable insecurities!

I have never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe and this movie did nothing to help me out. Most men want to kiss her, I just wanted to slap her.

The cute Eddie Redmayne, who I saw on Broadway with Alfred Molina in Red, where he was just fantastic, proves his acting chops again in this movie.

Except for the part about wanting Marilyn...he must really be acting!

The sets and scenery are beautiful, Judi Dench delightful in a small role, but Marilyn is so annoying the movie is hard to sit through.

(Sorry, the title is My Week with Marilyn. I guess I was trying to shorten it when I wrote the heading.)

...saw this film yesterday and truly liked the previews more than the movie itself. Marilyn bothered the hell out of me based on what you alluded to, but,on the other hand, Eddie kept me wanting to jump into the screen, tackle him, and have him yield all of himself to me. Although he is rather slightly built--he appealed to me very much;...guess his innocence and naivete and freshness won we over!!!

"My two hours with Marilyn" were a little too much for me, too!!!!

Guest hitoallusa

Thanks for your review. I don't understand why some guys like her but I'm gay so I don't think I will ever understand. I like intelligent guys like Brian Greene so some people won't my preference either.

Guest EXPAT

I'm watching this movie for the first time tonight on demand. It's actually quite good. I can see why she won the Golden Globe. But Marilyn was a mess. She makes Lindsay Lohan look respectable. Well maybe not. So much was hidden from the public in that time though compared to now. But I love the "period piece" element to the picture though. It's well done and a good rental on demand.

Guest EXPAT

And the intern was really cute.

Agreed. He is adorable actually. I got a kick out of the scene where he and Marilyn were skinny dipping and he was "reluctant" to exit the water after she did. LOL