Guest FourAces

Beatles Trivia

Guest FourAces

I am guessing some here grew up in the Beatles generation ... so I thought it might be fun to look back a little by sharing some trivia.

I'll start with two little tidbits:

Paul's first name is actually James ... Paul is his middle name.

You won't hear but a handful of drum rolls on Beatles songs this is because Ringo could not play a drum roll.

OK one more ... The piano chord that ends Strawberry fields is the longest sustaining chord in recorded music history to this date.

--- So either you are all yawning or some will join in :P

Guest hitoallusa

Wow I didn't know that. Thanks.

OK one more ... The piano chord that ends Strawberry fields is the longest sustaining chord in recorded music history to this date.

--- So either you are all yawning or some will join in :P

After John Lennon died Paul tried to have the credits on all Beatles songs changed from "Lennon/McCartney" to "McCartney/Lennon."

He also tried to charge his ex-wife with theft during their divorce because she took some household cleaning products with her when he threw her out of the house.

Neither of this is as annoying, of course, as the fact that he was the lead singer of "Wings" - perhaps the worst band every signed to a major record label.

• Members

John Lennon in the sixties spent one entire week in Spain with Brian Epstein (the Beatles manager who was gay) , only the 2 of them together. At the time it raised quite a few eyebrows in Liverpool, but since then has been forgotten.

IMHO Wings was a pretty good pop band and Paul McCartney album Band On The Run is the best solo album released by a Beatle member and is considered by many critics as a classic.

Guest Hoover42

Name one good Wings song.

I've grown away from the Wings sound now, but I really loved the third album (Band on the Run) when I first heard it in 1974.

Here were my faves:

Band on the Run

Jet

Mrs. Vanderbilt

Let Me Roll It

Mamunia

Helen Wheels

I still remember blowing an army sgt roommate while listening to Let Me Roll It. ^_^

Guest Hoover42

Honestly, if God came down and made me an offer saying "I will make sure you never have to listen to a single Paul McCartney song again, but you will also not be able to have sex again" - I'd take him up on the offer.

Sex is over-rated anyway.

Guest FourAces

John Lennon in the sixties spent one entire week in Spain with Brian Epstein (the Beatles manager who was gay) , only the 2 of them together. At the time it raised quite a few eyebrows in Liverpool, but since then has been forgotten.

IMHO Wings was a pretty good pop band and Paul McCartney album Band On The Run is the best solo album released by a Beatle member and is considered by many critics as a classic.

John would say later that after sitting at a outdoor cafe with Brian on that trip he felt it sad that Brian could not express his love and / or like openly. John said that is why he wrote You Got To Hide Your Love Away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz7IjXu0DfQ

Guest FourAces

As most know the Beatles began their own record label called Apple. If you were to look at the vinyl release of each Apple album they had done you might be surprised about the labels. Yes you notice that each label is a "apple." But look again from the first to the last the color of the apple slowly gets progressively more ripe .. from the bright green Granny Smith of the first Apple release to the dark red Washington of the last.

A side note on most of the albums the A side showed the entire Apple while the B side showed the Apple cut in half.

btw

Then John took the progression one step further on the release of his first solo record where the Apple label not looks like a rotted apple.