Guest lurkerspeaks

US "X" Factor

Guest lurkerspeaks

Have you been watching? Did you see this past week's results show? What did you think of the Astro meltdown? Should he be allowed to continue in the competition? Who should go home next? Who do you think will win?

My two cents worth..

Astro has the talent to be a hiphop star, but he showed that he is not ready emotionally, or mature enough for the spotlight and all the pressure that comes with it. I agree that based upon talent, it was Stacy's time to go.. I think next to go should be the last group, Lakoda Rayne..

As far as winners, not really sure yet.. There are some really great performers..I think Melanie Amaro and Drew both have what it takes. Josh Kratchit is great. I like Chris Rene and his "story". I think he is really good, but I don't think he will win it. It could come down to the three girls and Josh as the final four.

Astro has already apologized via twitter yesterday but I doubt he wrote it. I'm sure he was given a lashing by Simon, LA Reid and his mother after that show on Thursday. I suspect we will see a scripted apology this coming week or America will send him packing after last week.

I like Lakoda Raynes. I hope they stay a while. I don't like Chris Rene's music, but I'm intrigued by him. he's cute. I think LA Reid is totally biased toward hip hop artists and I feel bad for anyone not in that genre. I think Melanie is the best singer but she doesn't have the X factor.

I predict that Rachel Crowe and Melanie may be the final two.

This week will be a double elimination on Wednesday night.

It's important to remember that Astro is only 13 yrs old and some media critics want him to act like a mature adult. It's not going to happen. They should cut him some flak. It must have been quite a shock for him to end up in the bottom two considering that with each passing week he still remains the most popular contestant and offcourse as he's a constant crowd pleaser which enhances this. Now since this is a talent show and Astro doesn't have the vocal ability to carry a tune in comparison to his competitors. With this in mind, although Josh, Kelly and Melanie are probably the odds on favourites, Drew is a little bit behind, dont count Astro out just yet. As for the upcoming show I'm afraid for Chris though as he could end up heading home by the end of the upcoming week.

Guest lurkerspeaks

It's important to remember that Astro is only 13 yrs old and some media critics want him to act like a mature adult. It's not going to happen. They should cut him some flak.

In my opinion, it is about not only who has the talent, but who is READY to be a superstar. VERY VERY few children of Astro's age are ready... We have all seen so many young teens thrust into the spotlight, only to quickly burn out because they were not ready for the notoriety. Irregardless of the outcome on XFactor, Astro will get a contract and have a career ahead of him. But is he READY for "the big one" that the producers are promising.. NOT a chance.

I was pretty disappointed in the meltdown. But, he is a kid and that is the way it goes.

As for who I like, I like Josh a lot. I love his voice. I also like Melanie.

I have enjoyed this show and I think the entire top 10 have a great deal of talent and they will all do well in life.

Astro will be a superstar one day. I don't think he will win this event but he will do well in his Life.

I'm disappointed in the male contestants under LA Reid's mentorship because he eliminated everyone that wasn't in the hip hop genre. I think we missed a lot of talented guys because of LA's bias. I hope that doesn't continue season after season.