Guest hitoallusa

No higher honor by Condi Rice

Guest hitoallusa

I read first couple of chapters of the book and It tells a lot about her such as how she approaches and solves problems.The relationships she had with other key members of the Bush administration are elaborated in the book. They are very interesting.

It's interesting that the review of the book by the Washington post seems to be on the mark about one thing. She fails to state what drew her to Bush. If someone looks at it in a wrong way then there are many things that could be said about it. I can give the benefit of the doubt on that one. Still her analysis of Collin Powell was unfair and I wonder that could be one of the factors that led her to the war in Iraq: She doesn't seem to read people well and can't work effectively with people who are different her.

Her approach on the Kyoto protocol, her dealings with North Korea, and her assesment on Putin were things I I strongly disagree with her. Other than that the book is well written and you can learn about the detailed daily tasks of national security advisor and secretary of state through the book. In that sense I think it's a book worth reading.

• Members

"I read first couple of chapters of the book..."

This is where I got confused. Given what you wrote, I assume that you went on to finish the book? In another thread, you mentioned how you didn't have the time to watch the Glee sex episode, but if you have time to read a book by Condi, then your priorities might be askew!

Guest hitoallusa

lol.. That's true but I couldn't put down her book.

"I read first couple of chapters of the book..."

This is where I got confused. Given what you wrote, I assume that you went on to finish the book? In another thread, you mentioned how you didn't have the time to watch the Glee sex episode, but if you have time to read a book by Condi, then your priorities might be askew!

Guest hitoallusa

She might be over her head but I wanted to know why Bush chose her to be national security advisor and secretary of defense. She has this ability to predict the outcomes of every diplomatic policy whether they are correct or not and to convey them clearly to Bush. She is very sensitive about how a certain policy will affect America's image. I am not so sure whether she get sensitivity helped her or not. It seems she was focused on one thing and failed to understand Russia, China and North Korea at all. What all these diplomats and policy makers should do is go to a foreign country as a non American and live with them disguised as one of them. You can do that if you look at the movies where they can transform anyone into anything. They will understand how the world works better and it will help them become a better policy makers.

I doubt I read her book. I'll read some excerpts if published.

She was in way over her head as W was. She was an advisor in Bush I so she obviously parlayed that into Bush II's NSA. As I said, he was in over is head too, way over.