Lucky

Tablets and Readers

• Members

With the new NOOK going against the Kindle Fire, it seems to me that the Ipad2 is still best. Yes, it is more expensive, but it does more things. What bothers me about the Kindle is that you are tied into Amazon for its products. Reviews today say the NOOK is not much better. Some e-books cost as much as $14.99, almost what the hardcover is available for online.

But, what about a cheaper tablet? I saw the Iconia Tab A 100 advertised for $329. It is Android based, with a 7" screen. Shows movies, photos, is a book reader, a planner and can connect to social networks.

Seems to me that is what the Ipad2 does, but this is cheaper. Ideally the Ipad2 is probably better, but what if this one does what you want? What are the drawbacks? Thanks for the advice. I don't know that much about tablets.

Guest hitoallusa

I just love a plain old paper book for my reading. Sometimes you don't need a PowerPoint presentation either to communicate your ideas.. I don't think I will own a tablet unless it's necessary for my work. ^_^

• Members

I just love a plain old paper book for my reading. Sometimes you don't need a PowerPoint presentation either to communicate your ideas.. I don't think I will own a tablet unless it's necessary for my work. ^_^

Oh, I plan to read paper books until they stop printing them. Just trying to keep all options open here.

I don't know much about the new devices but I love my Kindle and I love my Ipad. I can view all my books I buy from Amazon on BOTH devices.

For clarity, I like the IPad better as the screen is bright and at night, I need it. In the daytime or outside, I like the Kindle.

Both are great devices.

If I were going to get another one, I'd get the Kindle Fire as I am not sure what would transfer from the Kindle to the Nook. Anyone else know this?