Guest hitoallusa

Simon & Schuster

Guest hitoallusa

Well I was reading Grand Pursuit by Sylvia Nasar after dinner and suddenly it occurred to me that the book had a lot of similarity to Walter Isaacson's books. So I checked the publisher and not surprisingly they were from the same publisher, Simon & Schuster. On the other thread some forum members were talking about people doing almost anything to gain publicity for their new albums or books. It became a formula for launching a product in our superficial society.

If there is some kind of a successful formula then publishers seem to grab it and force it into every book they publish. I don't blame them because they need to make money. I,however, can't believe these authors consciously or unconsciously compromised their creative activity by allowing this. I hope Nasar's next book is something different or insightful in her OWN VOICE. It's a bit disappointing and I want to write to her to give my money back or give it to the person who find the formula but I'm too reserved to do that.