Guest FourAces

Conan To Have Gay Staffer Marry On Show

Guest FourAces

This is from the Advocate. Apparently Conan is going to marry a gay staffer on his show. My favorite part of the story is, "New York magazine says the comedian is not officiating the wedding as part of a publicity stunt or to poke fun at same-sex marriage." I guess its cool that finally getting the open recognition it should but at the same time I cannot help but feel a bit dirty since its part of a late night talk show. So I am curious how do you guys feel about this?

Conan's Next Gig: Marrying Two Men

By Neal Broverman

Conan O'Brien's eponymous TBS talk show is celebrating its one-year anniversary and part of the festivities include the host officiating a same-sex wedding.

O'Brien will travel back to New York for the anniversary (his show currently tapes in Los Angeles) — he plans to use the opportunity to marry one of his gay staffers. New York magazine says the comedian is not officiating the wedding as part of a publicity stunt or to poke fun at same-sex marriage. Producers are still determining what night the wedding will air. LINK to article.