axiom2001

The "New" Meio Mundo

• Members

Guys, I could not believe my eyes last week and the week before (10 October until the 23rd) that Meio Mundo had overgone a complete face lift. The place has a wonderful lounge with big screen television downstairs and nice leather furniture, a redone main lounge with an American style bar, a nice room for the boys "to get hard" which is on the third floor, and separate dressing facilities for the boys and the clients.

My friends and I went on three different occasions and liked the experience. The guys were after us, but mainly they seemingly favored the European/white and/or Asian clients over men of colour.

I look like I belong; I have been told as well as have been mistaken as being a carioca. On this trip it happened in the saunas as well as on the streets when men and women would stop me and ask for directions. Unfortunately, I politely stated that I did not speak Brasilian Portguese. They would smile and thank me and continue on their way (on foot or in autos).

But let me get back to the topic at hand. I liked the "new Meio Mundo;" I liked the overall lay out, the ambience, and the guys, especially all who came to me in spite of my resemblance. They approached calmly! Most wanted R$70 which was all right with me.

In reference to "The New Meio Mundo" and "its boys," I will NOT give names of any of them, for they change almost daily and/or weekly or monthly. Never have I been able to meet a guy who impressed me when I have gone back after a year or so!

• Members

Guys, I could not believe my eyes last week and the week before (10 October until the 23rd) that Meio Mundo had overgone a complete face lift. The place has a wonderful lounge with big screen television downstairs and nice leather furniture, a redone main lounge with an American style bar, a nice room for the boys "to get hard" which is on the third floor, and separate dressing facilities for the boys and the clients.

My friends and I went on three different occasions and liked the experience. The guys were after us, but mainly they seemingly favored the European/white and/or Asian clients over men of colour.

I look like I belong; I have been told as well as have been mistaken as being a carioca. On this trip it happened in the saunas as well as on the streets when men and women would stop me and ask for directions. Unfortunately, I politely stated that I did not speak Brasilian Portguese. They would smile and thank me and continue on their way (on foot or in autos).

But let me get back to the topic at hand. I liked the "new Meio Mundo;" I liked the overall lay out, the ambience, and the guys, especially all who came to me in spite of my resemblance. They approached calmly! Most wanted R$70 which was all right with me.

In reference to "The New Meio Mundo" and "its boys," I will NOT give names of any of them, for they change almost daily and/or weekly or monthly. Never have I been able to meet a guy who impressed me when I have gone back after a year or so!

5 things that I think are problems which need consideration:

The Stairs

Frequent Lack of Hot Water

Oops, The Stairs

No bars of soap anywhere and frequently empty liquid dispensers

Yes, The S _ _ _ _ s

No suites with facilities

...And Did I Mention The Stairs?

For me the stairs aren't a problem. Since I live up a hill, no problem with these legs. Lack of hot water is a big problem for me. A friend of mine doesn't care as he prefers to shower when he gets back home. Me, not. The current boyfriend showers in "agua morna" what we would consider cold and they consider comfortable. I like that waterfall of heat to warm and soothe a body hopefully pleasantly pummeled.

On the other side, all of the employees there are very nice. Even Vinicius, once you get to know him. And the nightly shows are almost always great. One reason I like it as well has to be the fun way they decorate the stairwell, lounge area and the bar/showroom.

Ax, I am glad to hear you had a good time there. I had a blast when Tomcal took me there on my last trip. I will say that the boys were great and I enjoyed the programa's a great deal. But, the lack of a shower in the room and nice suite was a turn off for me. That did NOT stop me from going back. It just wasn't at the top of my list. I did have one boy meet me at my hotel the next day and that was great. I also like the owners of MM as I have known one for many years and know the place will only get better.

• Members

Ax, I am glad to hear you had a good time there. I had a blast when Tomcal took me there on my last trip. I will say that the boys were great and I enjoyed the programa's a great deal. But, the lack of a shower in the room and nice suite was a turn off for me. That did NOT stop me from going back. It just wasn't at the top of my list. I did have one boy meet me at my hotel the next day and that was great. I also like the owners of MM as I have known one for many years and know the place will only get better.

Tomorrow is their Halloween/Day of the Dead/Dia de Finados party, so it should be a lot of fun. TomCal is down here and he does a much better job on the reporting. Last night we crossed paths at 117 for their party as well. Very, very, very busy with loads and loads of cuties.