lookin

What will you be doing . . .

• Members

By my lights, it could happen today, it could happen tomorrow, or, if his boyfriend turns suddenly amorous, it might not happen for another week. But, soon, very soon, our Lucky will make his 3000th post here at MER. thumbsup.png

Originally, I was planning to host a soirée intime of some kind, as many of my friends are as excited as I am to see le milliéme trois go up on the Board. The difficulty, of course, is the uncertainty of when it will be. If it were to happen Tuesday instead of tonight, the escargot would be past their prime, and the Baked Alaska would be a soupy mess.

Then, too, I wondered if something a bit more ambitious might be called for. As soon as one person hears the ball has dropped, hundreds - if not thousands - more will be lining up to mark the occasion.

Every idea I've had so far seems to have hit a snag of some sort. Fireworks are illegal where I live, Grace Cathedral is booked up for weddings every day, and the BelAmi Boys are on tour at least through Thanksgiving. Even Wayne Newton is busy turning his house into a tourist attraction. (And, besides, I understand he and Lucky came to a slight misunderstanding while browsing the selection at a popular candy store. rolleyes.gif )

So I'm getting frighteningly close to the end of my tether and, if I can't think of something soon, he'll be scooting right toward number 4000 without the slightest bit of acknowledgment on my part.

Lookin' for some help here, and wondering what you all will be doing to celebrate the milestone?

b0250.gifanimaatjes-feest-02651.gif b0250.gifanimaatjes-feest-02651.gif b0250.gifanimaatjes-feest-02651.gif b0250.gif

Guest lurkerspeaks

I think Lucky made it pretty clear what he wants/expects for his remarkable feat.. It was hinted out with his last "caption this" post. He wants a private and personal "performance" by the Beijing Dance Theater. :ninja::hyper:

• Members

When is it going to happen? Do not put your money on Monday or Tuesday as I will be in the air on those days. Sadly, on Monday I will attend a funeral for one of my dearest friends. This one really hurts as we have been through a lot together. My friend was very tough. 15 years ago they gave her 5 years to live max.

On Tuesday the bf and I will be flying to New York for a week of theater. I have tickets for 7 shows. Again sadly, the Beijing Dance boys will be gone by then.

When I travel I do not post so much, as it seems that there is life outside of MER when on the road. And fear not, I am not preparing any words of wisdom for my 3000th post.

So if you can't wait to see it happen, I suggest you start something today that either excites me greatly or angers me immensely. Then I could just get it over with!

But lookin, thanks for noticing that I am near this important milestone.

Guest hitoallusa

Lucky we love you here so much~~ I've enjoyed your post and straightforwardness. I've liked you since on my first day on the other forum. You seem to be passionate about life and full of ideas and thoughts. Have fun in NYC with your bf. Hugs~~.

• Members

...start something today that either excites me greatly or angers me immensely. Then I could just get it over with!

Exhaustive search reveals not one single video on the net featuring naked Thai dancing boys :w00t: working a crowd of lustful Catholic prelates :nuke: , so I'm flat out of ideas. Anybody else got anything??

3,000 posts. Simply incredible. Congrats Lucky on such a great accomplishment. We are LUCKY to have Lucky here! He has always added a great deal to conversations and his input and diligence in trying to make this place somewhere many call home is truly appreciated. IMHO, he has been a godsend!