Guest lurkerspeaks

any new movies?

Guest lurkerspeaks

Have you seen any new movies lately, or are there any you want to see?

I am looking forward to Paranormal Activity 3... I love GOOD scary movies. I will be seeing this sometime over the next few days...

How about Footloose? Has anyone seen the remake?

Guest hitoallusa

I hope you feel better soon.

I will have a new review next Wednesday. I didnt look into them this week as I was trying to piece myself back together.

gc

Guest Hoover42

What I heard about Weekend is that it is good, but

the British accents are hard to understand, and

lying in bed, the actors tend to mumble

All of which means I wouldn't hear them very well.

Your thoughts?

Yes, you're right, Lucky. Even if you have a great ear for foreign accents you may have trouble picking up some parts of the dialog. A number of friends said they had trouble, and one even suggested that it might have been deliberate on the part of the director—perhaps to make it seem as if the audience was eavesdropping and not really expected to be able to hear everything.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I saw Paranormal Activity 3 yesterday.. Went into with high hopes. Loved the first one. Really liked the second one..Had read decent to good reviews on #3.

As it got going, I was really enjoying the suspense and anticipation that kept building up..One gimmick it used that was particularly good was when they rigged up their camcorder on top of an oscillating fan base, so it would pan from dining room to living room. You were on edge, waiting to see what would show up as it panned from side to side..

Unfortunately, in my mind, the final 15 minutes or so went downhill. They tried to tie up all the loose ends and give you an explanation (while alos laying foundation for #4) But instead came across as a cheap steal from several other movies (Rosemary's Baby for example).

In summation, I liked the movie overall, just disliked the ending.

I saw Three Musketeers over the weekend. I thought it was just OK. By just OK, waiting for Netflix or ITunes is advisable. No real eye candy. Not a good story. Not great graphics. Not great anything. But, I was bored and had a cute date. So, it was OK. ;)

Margin Call, with the newly out Zachary Quinto guy, is getting good buzz. Of course it won't come to Palm Springs for a month or two...

If you have iTunes or an AppleTV, you can rent "Margin Call" now for $6.99 and stream it at home. I love it when they do that.