Guest CharliePS

Yesterday,all my troubles seemed so far away

Guest CharliePS

Am I the only one who finds it unnerving to log on here in the evening and see that the last post in a thread was "yesterday," only to realize that "yesterday" is really today for me?

Hey guys. The board is set by default for EST in USA. However, no matter where you are, you can change the default by going to My Settings by clicking on your name and a drop down box will appear. Choose the setting of your choice for time zone.

As far as yesterday and today, I just changed that for you so it will give specific date and time. Better? ^_^

• Members

I "complained" about the time settings because there is no such thing as 0600PM. Also, I would prefer the time to be in military time, used most everywhere except the US to avoid confusion. No such setting for either in the "drop down" menu.

Apparently the program requires a 4 digit display for the time and it would be simple enough for 2 PM to be displayed as 1400 rather than 0200PM which is silly and confusing.

However, no doubt I will stumble through and manage. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest lurkerspeaks

Guess you can't please everyone, huh? Personally, I liked the today, yesterday, etc.. it made it easier to see quickly which were newer topics..now I have to stop and think.. "What is today's date?"..

there is a feature on Daddy's site where when you log in under your name, newly added or responded to topics are in bold while topics unchanged since your last log in are not bold.. Is there anyway to add something similar over here?

Guest CharliePS

Hey guys. The board is set by default for EST in USA. However, no matter where you are, you can change the default by going to My Settings by clicking on your name and a drop down box will appear. Choose the setting of your choice for time zone.

As far as yesterday and today, I just changed that for you so it will give specific date and time. Better? ^_^

I never understood how Eastcoastcentric this country is until I moved away, and discovered that ET is all that matters. So, yes, thank you, Oz, I do feel better now.

Residents of Other Time Zones (ROTZ), Unite! Occupy Eastern Time!

At the very bottom of this board there is a link called Mark Board As Read. When you do that and you come back to the site, all the new topic folders are highlighted and the old ones are not. Is that the same feature as you are referring to? It is the way I keep up with topics I have not read.

• Members

Perhaps, to reflect our international user base, we should be using Greenwich Mean Time. A few days ago, someone told me that the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, shoots a green laser beam over London, marking the exact spot where time begins.

greenwich_observatory_laser.jpg

For me, the relevant time here on the Forums would be how long ago something was posted. If a post says 'an hour ago' or 'three days ago' or 'almost two years ago', it would be more meaningful. Making it a clickable link that would show the exact date and time would be a bonus.

Or why not get rid of time stamps altogether, acknowledging the timeless nature of many of the contributions here? rolleyes.gif

Perhaps, to reflect our international user base, we should be using Greenwich Mean Time. A few days ago, someone told me that the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, shoots a green laser beam over London, marking the exact spot where time begins.

Dear sir, we take these things very seriously. Is there anyway you could go to the Royal Observatory and take some photos of a group of boys we select for you to photograph from London? This would really help us to insure the exact spot and therefore make a rational decision here!

Guest lurkerspeaks

At the very bottom of this board there is a link called Mark Board As Read. When you do that and you come back to the site, all the new topic folders are highlighted and the old ones are not. Is that the same feature as you are referring to? It is the way I keep up with topics I have not read.

I clicked on that and nothing happened.. I left and came back and everything appeared the way it always does... Can someone else check this out and see if it does anything for them?

• Members

Personally, I liked the today, yesterday, etc.. it made it easier to see quickly which were newer topics..now I have to stop and think.. "What is today's date?"..

Me too. I seldom know the date of any given day and even the day of the week until the evening TV shows orient me.

I spent the better part of six decades dancing to other's schedules and tunes. Now I dance to mine and since I have no schedule I have no set time for anything other than changing the Persons of the Day on the Home Page by early morning. So yeah, Today and Yesterday had more meaning for me. I waste time rereading articles now with the new time, if I don't consult my computer calendar. :( I'll live though. :baby:

Guest CharliePS

Dear sir, we take these things very seriously. Is there anyway you could go to the Royal Observatory and take some photos of a group of boys we select for you to photograph from London? This would really help us to insure the exact spot and therefore make a rational decision here!

But first, to prove your good faith before we hire the boys, we would like you deposit a check for $1000 in an account at the National Bank of Nigeria.

If we are going to play spin the bottle. I want to join THESE guys in their game.

Naked_amateur_guys_215.jpg

Sorry dear, I played with them last week. I was hoping for some latinos!

hahahahahahahahaha...

OZ, it's all right now, Ya learned your lesson well.

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself :console:

I learned my lesson for now. But, I have a horrible memory. So, be prepared for me to forget about this and try it again in the future.

BTW: a new version of our software is out and we are going to be upgrading next month. LOL It will be interesting to see the responses.

I learned my lesson for now. But, I have a horrible memory. So, be prepared for me to forget about this and try it again in the future.

• Members

I really like the '30 minutes ago' time stamps. Thanks! thumbsup.png

And I'd be delighted to send you a little Smirnoff to enjoy with the dizzy bottom of your choice! rolleyes.gif

OK. I tweaked the dates, times again. I hope this is a good compromise. ^_^ If not, well send me a bottle of vodka and let me spin the bottom after I drink it. ^_^