Guest FourAces

its been a while

Guest FourAces

First off I hope all are well and had a nice summer. As regulars know I took a break from here but I am back though maybe not as often. Been reading some threads looks like I missed quite a bit :P

I return with a question for those who understand travel from Brazil. I have met a young man online and would like to bring him here to visit me for a week. He has a passport, speaks English reasonably well but according to him comes from a poor area Pinheiros ES, Brazil. He works as a baker and explained to me that poor people like him cannot visit the states. I am unable to travel at this time.

Since he has a passport and I will supply him with a round trip ticket should he have a issue traveling to the us? If so any advice on how I can make a visit for him happen?

As always any advice is appreciated.

Welcome back! I missed you!

As far as the ticket, I would wait till I saw the visa stamp in his passport allowing him to come to the USA. It is not automatic just because someone has a passport from Brazil. Most are turned down. I have been to the US Embassy in Brazil and seen this in person. It all depends on who he gets at the window.

Guest lurkerspeaks

What Oz alludes to be doesn't say directly, is that a Visa is required for travel between the USA and Brazil. While it is easy for Americans to get a visa to visit Brazil, it is reportedly very difficult for Brazilians to obtain a visa to visit the states. And without a Visa, there cannot be a visit.

Hope this helps.

• Members

Brazil is one of those countries where embassy people assume that anyone requesting a tourist visa is attempting to jump the emmigration quay. Burdon of proof is on them to show they have good reason to return to Brazil when visa expires.

Guest hitoallusa

There are many things on his side to prove to the embassy. One of them is that he is willing to return to Brazil. I believe he needs to have some money in the bank too. The best solution is for you to travel.

First off I hope all are well and had a nice summer. As regulars know I took a break from here but I am back though maybe not as often. Been reading some threads looks like I missed quite a bit :P

I return with a question for those who understand travel from Brazil. I have met a young man online and would like to bring him here to visit me for a week. He has a passport, speaks English reasonably well but according to him comes from a poor area Pinheiros ES, Brazil. He works as a baker and explained to me that poor people like him cannot visit the states. I am unable to travel at this time.

Since he has a passport and I will supply him with a round trip ticket should he have a issue traveling to the us? If so any advice on how I can make a visit for him happen?

As always any advice is appreciated.

I am pretty sure the requirements are similar to what they are for Thailand. He needs steady income with proof, money in bank account, a home in his name or a long term business that needs him back in Brazil.

I went through this years ago with a Brazil boy and it was not possible for me to do even if I promised to cover his overstay. Without all the right documents and a REASON to return to Brazil, he most likely will not be grated the Visa to USA.

I found the easy way to school. If he is accepted into a USA school, even an English language school, and can prove funds to attend, he can get a student visa. That might be the best course of action.

But, without knowing his age or financial situation, it is hard to say which visa he would qualify for.

Also, if he has a passport and has traveled around the world and always returned, that is a plus in his favor. Just some FYI.

"I am pretty sure the requirements are similar to what they are for Thailand. He needs steady income with proof, money in bank account, a home in his name or a long term business that needs him back in Brazil"

FourAces, OZ is right about the requirements. I have known quite a few Americans that have fallen in Love and wanted to bring a special guy back for a trip to the U.S. So far ZERO have had any luck!(exception being Calvin Klein, who brought a sauna boy back about 5 years ago as a "model"). One American even put his Brasilian residence in the BF's name so it would show as his property, the guy was in college in his 4th year, had studied in Europe, had funds in the bank, got him admitted to a U.S. school and still couldn't get a U.S. VISA!

There are exceptions, for example the owner of Pointe 202 sauna got a U.S. visa last year, but is in his mid 30's. The U.S. officials seem very skeptical about anyone under 30 having enough incentive to return. Now saying that, one only has to visit Pompano Beach Fla, which I heard has a Brazilian population of around 50,000! I have met a few of them in Fort Lauderdale and most of them seem to take the "mexican highway" to get here, and it takes a whole lot less time than a U.S. Visa! :P

If it was remotely possible, I would have been one of those doing it also, as I have "fallen in love" a few times there! :lol:

• Members

Only quick way is with the I-20 student Visa. The other way is for him to enter the Green Card lottery and W-A-I-T. I know more than a bit about this from which I speak. Over the last couple of years, I have had many occasions to have to enter the US consulate here in Rio. The caliber of people that the US treats so crappy cannot be believed. The need to show income statements from their jobs, bank statements, verification of real estate holdings or other property, some form of proof of family to come back to. The US of A does not want to people coming into the coming and staying, working illegally, etc. As of about three years ago, I read something about 3 million Brasilians in the US. A nice ring to that. A few years ago, one of the big telenovelas here was "AMERICA" . Covered the stories of legal and illegal residents in the US.

Guest FourAces

Thanks to all for the awesome advice. I have a much better understanding of what is needed. Looks as if I'm going to wait til I can travel there probably next year at this point.

Anyway its nice to be back ^_^