Guest gcursor

Time for

Guest gcursor

For those of you who are interested, THIS is how my IOS upgrade is going (I kid you not!)

Attention passengers, this is your Captain speaking. We'll be going through the IOS5 upgrade now and might experience some minor turbulence.

*airplane bumps around and starts losing altitude*

*Seatbelt sign dings on*

Passengers, this is your Captain speaking again! Still nothing to worry about..just some minor ...WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE NO ENGINES?

STEWARDESSES, prepare for crash landing....

*on intercom, you can hear robot voice in background saying "PULL UP! COLLISION! PULL UP! COLLISION!"

I upgraded today with only one problem. I'm still on my 3Gs and it could'nt restore for some reason. I kept getting an error message and the upgrade stopped. So I restored prior to the upgrade then everything went fine but it took a long time to complete it. There was an iTunes update yesterday; a Lion OSX update today required for iCloud and of course the iOS 5 update for the iPhone. I got everything done except I couldn't convert my MobileMe to iCloud because their system was overloaded. So I'll have to do that later.

Guest gcursor

sounds like the same error i had. it wouldnt restore the data. finally I deleted all the data on the ipad (i have several backups) and then it still wouldnt do a restore. later on, i did get it finally to work. i am kind of sure it had something to do with the network overload at the apple update server

gc

I upgraded today with only one problem. I'm still on my 3Gs and it could'nt restore for some reason. I kept getting an error message and the upgrade stopped. So I restored prior to the upgrade then everything went fine but it took a long time to complete it. There was an iTunes update yesterday; a Lion OSX update today required for iCloud and of course the iOS 5 update for the iPhone. I got everything done except I couldn't convert my MobileMe to iCloud because their system was overloaded. So I'll have to do that later.