Guest CharliePS

For sports fans only

Guest CharliePS

Every pundit I read or heard last week confidently predicted a WS between the two best teams in baseball, the Phillies and Yankees. Today they will be covering their asses with the old bromide, "You never know what will happen in a short series." Instead, we have three winners from the traditional weaklings, the Central divisions, and the fourth from the anemic AL West. The media bosses must be cringing at the possibility of having to sell a WS between Milwaukee and Detroit: no big markets, no geographical diversity, and no-name players. Who will watch, especially if typical Upper Midwest autumn weather plays havoc with the schedule?

• Members

I studied CharliePS' content going back one full year, and it appears that this is the first thread he has started. So no doubt he feels passionately about the subject. Just as my Yankees blew it, so too did the Phillies. They had Halladay and Cliff Lee, the latter fought hard for by the Yankees. Yet little good he did the Phillies when the prime time came. So it shows that money can't buy everything.

I have no desire to watch the Texas Rangers play, and hardly more for the Tigers, despite growing up a Tiger fan. My whole family still is.

As for Milwaukee and St.Louis, there's not much interest either. Tony LaRussa bored me a long time ago. One Milwaukee player, upon being interviewed by TV, said "Fuck Yeah," thus endearing himself to parents everywhere. So not much class there.

Much has been made of Milwaukee pitcher Zach Greinke. Supposedly the Yankees didn't take him because he has mental problems dealing with the limelight. That's not going to help Milwaukee playing on national TV...unless the theory is bonkers, not the pitcher.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Admittedly, i am not much of a sports fan usually.. *the most athleic thing I do is jump to conclusions.* But I was hoping my Diamondbacks would make it to the World Series..

PS...Congrats Charlie on losing your MER virginity.. who is gonna be next?

• Members

Lucky did not research carefully enough. This is actually the SECOND thread I have started in the past year.

Sorry, Charlie, but I am going to have to call you on that. Please cite the other thread. I went to your profile, clicked on find content, then saw the threads you participated in for the last year. This was the only one you had started since October 17, 2010.

Virgins always like to claim some experience!

Guest CharliePS

Sorry, Charlie, but I am going to have to call you on that. Please cite the other thread. I went to your profile, clicked on find content, then saw the threads you participated in for the last year. This was the only one you had started since October 17, 2010.

Virgins always like to claim some experience!

On Aug. 22, I started a thread in the Politics forum.

Guest gcursor

Im in Detroit and I do NOT watch sports. The only sports that I can stand watching are gymnastics (I would like to find somebody who can do a few backflips and then we oculd have sex...seriously!) or swimming. I also like anal bead horseshoes and g-spot bingo (for those of you who don't know, everytime you get a square filled on your card, you feel like you're getting f**ked or f**king (whichever you prefer)...of course getting a BINGO gives you a sensation similar to how you would feel after being with 5 guys for 8 hours non-stop.

• Members

On Aug. 22, I started a thread in the Politics forum.

OK, I admit my search skills are more limited than most but, after an exhaustive :sweat: (22 minute) hunt, I am unable to find the thread. Can you give us another hint, Charlie?

Guest gcursor

and I just noticed that my other post had a spelling error in it! WELL I DON'T CARE! Do you hear me? it doesn't matter to me! Do i have a fancy college diploma? No but I have....*explodes from too much caffeine*

Gcursor

Guest CharliePS

OK, I admit my search skills are more limited than most but, after an exhaustive :sweat: (22 minute) hunt, I am unable to find the thread. Can you give us another hint, Charlie?

Sorry, I thought the date was Aug. 22 of this year, but it was actually Aug. 16 of 2010, so Lucky is right after all. (Damn!)

Guest gcursor

THREAT! WE HAVE A THREAT!

*uniformed officers come in and frisk Hitoallusa against wall*

Gcursor

I should have paid attention to the threat title. I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Going back to my knitting.