Guest hitoallusa

Samsung galaxy tab 10.1

Guest hitoallusa

I heard that this tablet is a major threat to iPad 2. Have anybody tried it? I am waiting for a tablet that has a phone function so I won't buy one just yet. I think in the near future people will develop a hologram technology where a name card size device can create a touch screen made up of only light. Before we go that far, companies like Apple and Samsung should not lie about their battery life. Apple is bad in a way. Trick you into buying something that works really well for a short amount of time. I don't mind investing

in a new technology though but don't test my patience.

• Members

From PCMag.com:

Pros

The thinnest tablet currently available. Excellent 10.1-inch HD screen. Honeycomb 3.1 brings improved multitasking, Flash support, and a higher-quality user experience. Comes with earbuds—a rarity for a tablet.

Cons

TouchWiz UI means update delays for future Android versions. App selection is weak. Even with a strong Wi-Fi signal, online video playback sputtered in our tests.

Bottom Line

The Wi-Fi–only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the thinnest Honeycomb tablet available, and it's very capable, but its Touchwiz UI means Android updates are in doubt.

I have no idea what a TouchWiz UI is. But I do want a good tablet. The Ipad2 was my choice. The KindleFire might have been a good compromise, but all of your software comes from Amazon (I think), which has no incentive to give you a good price. For example, magazine subscriptions cost more for the tablet than they do for the actual paper copies.

Guest hitoallusa

Samsung's position is weak and not sure what can they get out of this. And apple got this powerful law and consulting firms working for them. Samsung needs something more substantial to win. Let's see how it plays out. I am more interested in the international patent dispute. Lucky do you want to write an article or book on it?