Guest hitoallusa

iPhone 4s

• Members

There are those who say it's plenty good.

(Tim) Bajarin, the longtime Apple watcher, is confident that Apple will quickly overcome the perception problem once technology reviewers get a better handle on all the new bells and whistles. He believes that the improved camera and speech-recognition technology are compelling enough additions to make the iPhone 4S another hit for Apple.

"People are going to get over their initial disappointment and want this phone," he said.

Add a processor that's twice as fast and a high-definition video camera and it's pretty tempting. I had hoped to see the thinner form factor and larger screen that were predicted for the iPhone 5, but Apple may have decided to spread the goodies out over two upgrade cycles rather than one.

Not sure what to do. drumming_fingers.gif

Guest JamesIvory

Is this not starting to feel like the BlackBerry syndrome? Same getting boring form factor. Same now very tiny 3.5" screen. Same two colors. Same App layout. Same OS.

And people act like the speech recognition is some grand new discovery. Its been on Android phones for several years now. Oh and did you guys catch that Android slide down notification menu?

At least Apple added a dual core processor but what they left out was a revamp of their OS and a fucking larger screen. Most phones now carry at least a 3.7 display and close to a majority are at 4 inches.

I was looking forward to getting the new iPhone especially since I fell in love so quickly with my iPad. But now I am not so certain about the 4s. Very disappointed.

Guest hitoallusa

Well I was a bit disappointed by al gore's statements in a news article. Did the media misrepresented his statement or what. Maybe our Sarah Palin has been right about the lamestreet media. I like iphone4 and I dont need a phone to play games and talk to so I will pass on iphone4s. I will wait for iphone6 instead. As long as my battery can last two years without any problems and I doubt that.

There are those who say it's plenty good.

(Tim) Bajarin, the longtime Apple watcher, is confident that Apple will quickly overcome the perception problem once technology reviewers get a better handle on all the new bells and whistles. He believes that the improved camera and speech-recognition technology are compelling enough additions to make the iPhone 4S another hit for Apple.

"People are going to get over their initial disappointment and want this phone," he said.

Add a processor that's twice as fast and a high-definition video camera and it's pretty tempting. I had hoped to see the thinner form factor and larger screen that were predicted for the iPhone 5, but Apple may have decided to spread the goodies out over two upgrade cycles rather than one.

Not sure what to do. drumming_fingers.gif

Guest Hoover42

My 64GB black iPhone 4S will be arriving next Friday. I had to pay the full price for it since my current contract with AT&T won't be up for renewal any time soon. I am not an Apple fanboy--I HATE the Mac OS--but I love my iPhone.

Guest hitoallusa

Wow let us know how it goes. I am so happy for you.

My 64GB black iPhone 4S will be arriving next Friday. I had to pay to full price for it since my current contract with AT&T won't be up for renewal any time soon. I am not an Apple fanboy--I HATE the Mac OS--but I love my iPhone.