MsGuy

Inspector Lewis Series

• Members

Masterpiece Theater on PBS is currently running the Inspector Lewis series (BBC import). I meant to reccomend this to y'all last year but kept forgetting. Sometimes I think I'm losing it; others I just wonder what it is I lost. :(

Set around Oxford, the series plays off the relationship between Lewis (short tempered, blunt, middle aged traditional copper and his junior, Sgt. Hathaway (tall, lanky, educated blond, cute if you like that raw boned narrow skulled English type :P ).

If you like those convoluted Brit murder mysteries, give this a try. It's worth it just for the intelligent writing and the assortment of provincial English accents on offer.

• Members

Masterpiece Theater on PBS is currently running the Inspector Lewis series (BBC import). I meant to reccomend this to y'all last year but kept forgetting. Sometimes I think I'm losing it; others I just wonder what it is I lost. :(

Set around Oxford, the series plays off the relationship between Lewis (short tempered, blunt, middle aged traditional copper and his junior, Sgt. Hathaway (tall, lanky, educated blond, cute if you like that raw boned narrow skulled English type :P ).

If you like those convoluted Brit murder mysteries, give this a try. It's worth it just for the intelligent writing and the assortment of provincial English accents on offer.

I never miss it. Watched it and it's original incarnation, 'Inspector Morse', for years. The actor who played Morse passed due to heart failure and his asst. Lewis was promoted. Same writers and same convoluted mysteries in quaint insulated English villages.

I find Hathaway an intriguing male character on a personal as well as professional level. I could be quite attracted if I encountered him in real life.

• Members

I never miss it. Watched it and it's original incarnation, 'Inspector Morse', for years. The actor who played Morse passed due to heart failure and his asst. Lewis was promoted. Same writers and same convoluted mysteries in quaint insulated English villages.

Didn't know that. Maybe the TV gods will re-run them for me some day. :thumbsup:

I find Hathaway an intriguing male character on a personal as well as professional level. I could be quite attracted if I encountered him in real life.

Me too, so just for the two of us, Dectective Sargent Hathaway (Lawrence Fox) in another incarnation:

Colditz_LawrenceFox_TomHardy03.jpg

Colditz_LawrenceFox_TomHardy01.jpg

Colditz_LawrenceFox_TomHardy07.jpg

• Members

Didn't know that. Maybe the TV gods will re-run them for me some day. :thumbsup:

Me too, so just for the two of us, Dectective Sargent Hathaway (Lawrence Fox) in another incarnation:

Thanks for sharing the photos. Yummy as expected. ;) Wonder how similar the person is to the character? He'll hit the interview couch one of these days on Graham Norton or some other show.

• Members

Wonder how similar the person is to the character?

Bright, from a theatrical family, hates toffs, prone to fights and skirt chasing (expelled from Harrow for the latter two traits :P ). Now happily married, one kid.

He'll hit the interview couch one of these days on Graham Norton or some other show.

Or the casting couch of my local little theater. :yes: Hey, I can dream, can't I?

• Members

After all the prompting, I decided to check out Inspector Morse. I do remember the show! I think I didn't make the connection because Lewis looks so much different now.

article-1163677-00EC1D4800000578-347_468x398.jpg

Or maybe I really am just loosing it. :blink: