BiBottomBoy

Gay Soldier Comes Out

• Members

I cried through the whole thing. Being from the South, his speech mannerisms, the words he used and the thoughts he projected were very familiar to me.

Good for him and good for daddy.

Best regards,

RA1

I heard on two sites that this was fake and that it is a straight actor who staged this for the day DADT was repealed. I hope that's not true but that is going all over Hollywood because people know him. That would be a big disappointment if that is true.

• Members

Whether his sentiments and expressions were real or not, he did a good job of persuading me that he could have come from Alabama. Of course, a few straight people live there also. ^_^

By far, most actors do not get their Southernisms correct and either sound incorrect or exaggerate whatever.

Difficult to know in this day in time what is real and what isn't.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Whether his sentiments and expressions were real or not, he did a good job of persuading me that he could have come from Alabama. Of course, a few straight people live there also. ^_^

By far, most actors do not get their Southernisms correct and either sound incorrect or exaggerate whatever.

Difficult to know in this day in time what is real and what isn't.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest JamesIvory

I originally viewed this as part of a CNN story. I did not get the impression it was staged or the soldier is not gay. But if the case is this was a hoax I think that is a very sad comment on CNN and other news organizations.

I heard on two sites that this was fake and that it is a straight actor who staged this for the day DADT was repealed. I hope that's not true but that is going all over Hollywood because people know him. That would be a big disappointment if that is true.

Mmm, now that you mention it ...

In my case I told my folks in person. At that time I had the same age as he has now. I had to take several deep breaths before actualy saying what I had to say. That's what I was missing a bit in the video-clip (but then, everybody's different). When the message was out, my father didn't say a word. I guess at that very moment his idea of me having a family with kids and him having grand children suddenly and abruptly tumbled down. My mother said that she had been wondering about it, because I hadn't really shown any interest in girls. To her it was less of a shock.

What I try to say so far is that the video surprised me. I was thinking "is that all?" (and please note, here I'm only expressing my own reaction).

So when EXPAT wrote that he had heard this was fake and that it was a straight actor I got curious. Most often when I get curious I try to find some facts and maybe here are some:

The original video-clip is www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAgz6iyK6A and it's from "AreYouSuprised". There were a number of clips from "AreYouSurprised" :

18 apr 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6U-Ocm3Nq0

23 apr 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYb8CvubsiI

04 mei 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxi7CiDwls

09 mei 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCe8mmHszxE

16 mei 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2c9xC5JgNc

25 mei 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wd8PcPsZOI

05 jun 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJI9fGv43nU

27 jun 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt2P7kO6aeo

07 jul 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsP3DeTJ1I0

02 aug 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9rhMjtKYQ

25 aug 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVMPQdlKLw

06 sep 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=sofPxZ54UkU

14 sep 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBOxrgwGH4U

And then there's the video we already knew:

19 sep 2011 : www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAgz6iyK6A

My suggeston is to watch them all and then it's up to each and everyone to decide if we're seeing an actor or not (and with this sentence I'm not saying that we are, nor that we aren't).

Best, Anton.

ps: A link with a handy overview of all his videos is www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6U-Ocm3Nq0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Him hiding his face in the earlier videos is what suggests to me that it's true.

Also, the US Armed Forces are very media savvy and if he was not a soldier then they would have sent out a ton of PR stuff calling bullshit on him (since it is a crime to pretend to be a member of the armed forces if you are not.)

For those who are interested, a new video has been added by AreYouSuprised. This time he's telling his mom. The phone-call to his mom was half an hour after the call to his dad. I must say, this time I did recognise similarities with me telling my parents and this time I was impressed.

Best, Anton.

ps: To see his last video-clip you can follow the link with the overview of all his videos (the one I mentioned before) and select the last video. The overview is www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6U-Ocm3Nq0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL