BiBottomBoy

Facebook Unfriending

Ever wondered who has unfriended you on Facebook?

I know that with my 300 plus "friends" there I'd never notice unless my brother unfriended me.

But, Gizmodo has figured out a way to determine exactly who has unfriended you and when.

Now you can know who to be bitchy to!

http://gizmodo.com/5843318/use-the-new-facebook-to-see-who-unfriends-you

This is a good tip but I'll never understand why people get concerned when somebody drops them from any social media site. It's as if some stranger has announced to your friends that you are dead or something.

At the last job I was at, we used an Instant Messenger type of program. I resisted going to it for quite some time (because seriously do I need to have people IMing me AND sending me emails AND calling me on the phone all for essentially the same thing..DO MY WORK NOW!) ? My manager finally got me to install the program and I started using it. Periodically though I would get contact requests from EVERYBODY I talked to (and I would usually keep clicking DENY unless I worked with them on a routine basis. IF I TALKED to you once then you really don't need to be on my IM list!). Also now and then, I would block people for a period of time if they made me too upset (IM communication is a privilege..it's not a god-given right put forth by the founders of the United States...trust me..the pursuit of happiness does NOT cover social media!)

Social media is just another tool to use. All too often, it's a tool that is used excessively by people who can't get attention any other way. I once joked that I was going to add all the people in the company to my IM list so I could stop sending emails!

Anyway people need to realize that social media is a nice thing to be a part of but you won't die without it. When you get blocked, unfriended or otherwise deleted from existence, there will be that small pain of rejection like you had in school when people were picking for the Dodgeball teams. Trust me, the pain is bearable and it will go away eventually. Learn to live on your own and move on with your life.