Guest restive42

white socks

Guest restive42

The last couple of summer, many young latino and other young guys have taken to wearing bright white socks with addidas slides in my area (NY). Since my loafer and white sock days in private school I've always liked the look of white socks; is that style anywhere else here or overseas?

• Members

I probably fit into the category of reverse or negative fashion sense, but, I wear white socks exclusively on doctor's orders.

Best regards,

AR1

Hi restive,

I always wear socks, no matter if I'm wearing shoes, slippers, or anything else. It's simple, I can toss the socks in the washing machine when they got sweatty and dirty, but I can't do that with my shoes or slippers.

LOL, actually I can, but they may come out a bit differently. :D

I even wore socks in Florida. From time to time I heard that people there found that a "typical european thing". When I go back I could very well go to Texas and I'll be doing the same over there. Oh, and they happen to be white socks.

So is that style anywhere else here or overseas?

Could very well be so.

Sincerely, Anton.

Guest CharliePS

Hi restive,

I always wear socks, no matter if I'm wearing shoes, slippers, or anything else. It's simple, I can toss the socks in the washing machine when they got sweatty and dirty, but I can't do that with my shoes or slippers.

I even wore socks in Florida. From time to time I heard that people there found that a "typical european thing". When I go back I could very well go to Texas and I'll be doing the same over there. Oh, and they happen to be white socks.

Could very well be so.

Sincerely, Anton.

One always used to be able to pick out young European tourists in America, because they wore socks with their sandals, a fashion taboo for Americans. Then Americans who wanted to be mistaken for Europeans started to do it, too. Then Europeans who wanted to me mistaken for Americans stopped wearing socks with sandals. Now I wear socks with sandals just because it is more comfortable.

Guest StevenDraker

One always used to be able to pick out young European tourists in America, because they wore socks with their sandals, a fashion taboo for Americans. Then Americans who wanted to be mistaken for Europeans started to do it, too. Then Europeans who wanted to me mistaken for Americans stopped wearing socks with sandals. Now I wear socks with sandals just because it is more comfortable.

sockssandals.jpg

25141-socks_sandals_opinion.jpg

I never wear socks with sandals/flip-flops and I wasn't aware it was a "European" thing until you mention it here, Charlie.

• Members

Hi restive,

Could very well be so.

Sincerely, ADefinitelyote]

Definately you should come to Texas. I'd love to meet you and I'm sure I'm just one of many.

Definately you should come to Texas. I'd love to meet you and I'm sure I'm just one of many.

LOL, I'll make sure that apart from my bright white socks I'll be completely naked. :D:P

(Errr yes, I mean when we meet. :whistle: )

• Members

I even wore socks in Florida. From time to time I heard that people there found that a "typical european thing"....

That's news to me but then I have been out of touch for a while. I was born and raised in Florida. I always wore socks, even in the house. And always whenever I wore shoes. I'm sure my brother who still lives there wears socks. Maybe it is a generational thing?

• Members

FL in particular is loaded with businesses that have a sign that says, no shirt, no shoes, no service. No mention of socks.

One of my favorite beach bars in STX (St. Croix)has a sign that says, no shirt, no shoes, no problem; however, it also has a sign that says no horses. I have never seen a horse there, so the folks must like to comply. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1