Guest hitoallusa

Will you vote for Elizabeth Warren?

Guest hitoallusa

Elizabeth Warren is running for the United States Senate against the incumbent Scott Brown in 2012.

She states "Washington is rigged for big corporations that hire armies of lobbyists, a big company like GE pays nothing in taxes and we're asking college students to take on even more debt to get an education, we're telling seniors they may have to learn to live on less. It isn't right, and it's the reason I'm running for the U.S. Senate."

In my opinion she will have a hard time dealing with lobbyists. If what she says is that easy then it should be done and be over with by now, seriously. Those law students she taught and voted her as one of the best teachers twice at Harvard are the very people she has to face if she gets elected. I find that ironical and interesting. Life is so full of surprises. I wish her well and I hope she can find others who can help her to put the country in the right direction. Wishing you the best Elizabeth.. Though I feel bad if my hunky Scott Brown has to leave the office.. He is hot..

Guest epigonos

This will be an interesting race to watch. DO NOT count Scott Brown down and out. He is one hell of campaigner. She on the other hand has passed all of her professional life in university ivory towers. It will be fun to see how she hold up when the campaign becomes a down and dirty street brawl, and it will become just that. Probably the single most important factor determining the outcome of this election willll be the popularity of the President at the time of the election. She is completely tied to the current administration and will succeed or fail with it.

• Members

DO NOT count Scott Brown down and out.

I agree.

He is one hell of campaigner.

I didn't particularly notice that before. He did campaign hard among his own pack. I give him credit for that. But Martha Coakley handed the general election to him. She mistakenly thought she was headed for a coronation rather than an election. She made several amateur mistakes against advice of her campaign and other Dem organizations. She reaped the rewards.

She on the other hand has passed all of her professional life in university ivory towers.

The same was true of Daniel Patrick Moynihan. We all remember how desperately he floundered.

It will be fun to see how she hold up when the campaign becomes a down and dirty street brawl, and it will become just that.

I suspect she's a lot tougher than your tone might give her credit for. As she said in an interview on Rachel, they told her no way she could get a consumer protection agency through Congress. Too many beholden to Wall St. Wall St lobbyists told her they would bury her. She might as well not even try.

Long before her announcement, Brown had become the darling of Hedge Fund Managers with him being their #1 recipient of their campaign contributions. He is #2 for the Wall St Banks. That is why he has a campaign chest of ten million dollars after less than two years in office. That is why he will be a formidable opponent. Also because he is smart enough not to wrap himself in all the extreme stuff the GOP pushes. However, he is with them when push comes to shove. I am unaware of any GOP position that he has defeated single handedly, or in in a small group of Republicans that sided with Dems.

She will need to use an Obama-like online campaign contribution machine to compete. I believe she will be very successful too, appealing nationwide to grass root Dems.

Probably the single most important factor determining the outcome of this election willll be the popularity of the President at the time of the election. She is completely tied to the current administration and will succeed or fail with it.

Well if Obama cannot carry Massachusetts then he will loose in an historic landside. And the nature of our country will become dramatically changed for the worse, maybe permanently. Grievously wounded would not be an overstatement, IMO. That would cement the Dark Ages for the Middle Class and Working Class and Poor; and the Golden Age for the Wealthy.