Guest EXPAT

Silver Spoon in Weho CLOSED

Another place in Weho is closed. Silver Spoon is a diner in West Hollywood that has been there for years and years closed abruptly when the owner sold it. The new owners are former principles in Claim Jumper (those have been closing too). No word on what the new theme will be or when it will re-open.

Sad to see this place close.

Guest hitoallusa

Is it because of the economy or poor management? Anyways, I hope it's not because of the economy.

Another place in Weho is closed. Silver Spoon is a diner in West Hollywood that has been there for years and years closed abruptly when the owner sold it. The new owners are former principles in Claim Jumper (those have been closing too). No word on what the new theme will be or when it will re-open.

Sad to see this place close.

• Members

Apparently "Silver Spoon" is just a bad name for a restaurant. I googled it to see what the story is, and found numerous restaurants named Silver Spoon had closed:

RIP, Silver Spoon: the Roncey restaurant shutters after a decade of ...

www.torontolife.com/.../rip-silver-spoon-the-roncey-restaura..

Jan 12, 2010 – The Roncesvalles institution Silver Spoon is closing in the next two weeks, but chef and owner Rocco Agostino says the never-ending ...

Silver Spoon - CLOSED - Englewood, CO

Silver Spoon Cafe - CLOSED - Phoenix, AZ

Silver Spoon Thai Kitchen - CLOSED - West Portal - San Francisco ...

Silver Spoon - CLOSED - High Park - Toronto, ON

Silver Spoon Closed by Department of Health After Earning "A" Only ...

Jun 30, 2011 – In fact, the DOH ended up closing Silver Spoon this past Monday, June 27th, after an inspection revealed 52 points of health violations, a slight ...

Silver Spoon - CLOSED - Denver Breakfast Restaurants - Southeast ..

(I wouldn't worry too much about this restaurant closing. There has been a restaurant on that spot ever since I moved to LA in 1978, and no doubt well before that.)

We used to stop in weekly on Wednesday before we went to see the go go boy parade at Micky's on Wednesday and it was always empty. But according to the article I read the owner just sold it without telling any of his employees that it was for sale or anything. They just showed up on Monday and were told they were out of jobs. So according to the application for liquor license transfer the new owners plan on opening something but no date has been stated.

In other Weho news. East/West bar closed recently and the REVOLVER was going to reopen in that same space but the problem is that the East/West liquor license has a number of liens on it and the new owners either have to pay them off or apply for a new liquor license.

Liquor license applications is one law that should be simplified. It keeps businesses from opening.

• Members

As I understand it, closing a restaurant without notice to the employees is a common practice. It keeps them from quitting before the place is finally closed, and also keeps pilferage down. That's how they closed the local Marie Callender's too.

• Members

As one who used to be a regular(7 or so years ago0that stopped going except once in a blue moon-and then only for breakfast I can certainly see why it closed. Never the less this is one more nail in the coffin for SMB east of La Cienega.

Kind of sad-that used to be the fun part :whistle:

I am reminded of seeing Jeff Stryker, Estelle Parsons,Estelle Getty,Shelly Winters and Rip Taylor there on a regular basis.

Back in the old days when boys strolled along SMB looking for fun the patio of the silver spoon was a great place to hang out.